Another Floral

Enyaw

namuh
earthvase.jpg

11 x 14 inches .. oil on paper .. alla prima .. painted July 8/24

distance view

earthvasex.jpg

Your composition, values and textures lead the eye perfectly about the painting. I do pieces in so many short "sessions" they get horribly overworked. Approximately how long did this take?

Thank you Joy. My paintings take from 1 to 2 hours including cleanup and dress time. I always change into my paint clothes. As well, I paint alla prima in the context of one sitting.

Last edited:
Love the bold reds framing this one! It's lovely vertical book-casing between the triangular trio of white.

Great composition here, Wayne!

Wonder job on this Wayne. I love how you captured the light and how the white flowers contrast with the dark background.

Thank you Joy. My paintings take from 1 to 2 hours including cleanup and dress time. I always change into my paint clothes. As well, I paint alla prima in the context of one sitting.
Amazing that a piece of such beauty, skill, and refinement was done in that time span. I knew what alla prima meant, so that is why I asked about the time.

Thank you Anne.

Actually Joy, some artist consider alla prima done over the coarse of a few days as long as the paint remains wet. I dont get it but I have read of artist proposing such.

Thanks Hermes.

Last edited:
Thank you Anne.

Actually Joy, some artist consider alla prima done over the coarse of a few days as long as the paint remains wet. I dont get it but I have read of artist proposing such.

Thanks Hermes.
Thanks for the info! I always thought it was done in one session.

I always thought the same but I was watching a video on how Sargent worked and that particular artist claimed it was wet into wet. Weird.

• Unsure
Reactions: Joy
I absolutely love this one, so sharp and clean, bright, yet not garish. Just beautiful. ❤️ 🌸 ❤️

Back