An Imaginary Scene

Balaji

This is a quick pen, ink, and watercolour wash sketch, of an imaginary scene, that I made in a 5.5" x 4" sketchbook. . The scene was inspired by a view of the Elphinstone Bridge over River Adyar, Chennai, that I saw a few years ago from a tall apartment building on the river bank.

An Imaginary Scene.jpg

Very nice and I'll bet that somewhere in the world is a scene very much like this. ❤️

What a beautiful scene. And how nice to have been able to see a similar one from your very own home for awhile. I think you've done a wonderful job with this. I don't have very good sketching skills even with a pencil so I admire those who do like lucky you. :)

Thank you Ellen.
When I was around eleven or twelve I failed at art securing only 12 marks out of 100. I took this as a challenge and tried to improve my drawing and painting skills by doing the same drawing and the same painting over and over again. A few moths later I could see the difference that it made and by the end of the year I was topping my class at drawing. Which leads me to believe that sketching skills can definitely be acquired.

Back