A Lined Face

Balaji

This an approximately 3.5" x 4.5" pen and ink sketch inspired by ZonVaz's pencil sketching demo on YouTube. I sketched this in a Tara Notes flukebook, which has smooth and quite nice paper for pen and ink sketching, using a Micron 005, a Geo College Pigment Liner 01, and a Classmate Octane gel pen.

This is still a continuation of my experimental therapy to cure my hand of the unsteadiness and twitches which had been progressively worsening. I am happy to say that my sketching blitz over the last fifty days or so has been very helpful.

I started by sketching, on an average, four ten minute sketches every day. I then progressed to slightly more complex subjects and sketches which took around twenty minutes and sometimes even thirty minutes. But most of these were sketches of buildings, a subject that I am quite familiar with, and involved a lot of straight lines. Now I am trying to move on to other subjects, but with the same objective of retraining my hand.

A Lined Face.jpg

Ayin, Anne...Thank you.
Anne...This sketching therapy has certainly helped. My hand is steadier and the twitches are very much reduced. I think that I will need to keep doing whatever I have done over the last few weeks. But that may be difficult because I go back to work tomorrow. I was on vacation for the last few weeks.

Back