A frog (line and wash)

E.J.H.

I like frogs, and I miss them a bit especially their singing on warm summer nights...
A line and wash, the lines because I panicked in the "ugly" stage. Might have been better to soldier on and kept it "pure" watercolor, dunno. I like line and wash but sometimes grabbing the pen can feel a bit as a copout..
This was done on Daler Rowley cold press (100 % cotton), my Sonnet set, and a Unipin brushpen.
20220527_162700.jpg

Thanks for your nice compliments Enyaw andCaliAnn.
Glad you like the color, I find I seem to prefer relatively muted colors.

That rakish smile - he looks like he knows something that we don't, and he ain't telling 😁 I love it!

I love frogs, too! Your muted colors fit him perfectly - I've seen this light brown/tan in them, and the spots are perfect. I happen to like some outlining, so your pen work doesn't bother me a bit. Nice subtle reflection. He's cute as a button and nicely captured! ❤️

I really appriciate all your responses!
In my drawing/painting endeavours I'm rather a loner here in the outback. And that can be a bit of a bummer especially when it comes to maintaining motivation.
It's helpful to be able to show some stuff like this (especially when the viewers are this friendly). I'll try to be a bit less shy about sharing my drawings/paintings.

Btw, this doesn't mean I am sensitive to critique, on the contrary (though compliments are lovely😉), any advice/ thoughts on improvements/pointing out glaring mistakes/etc are also very welcome.

I think this turned out great. I know what you mean about adding ink. I have done the same and tend to lean on it, but have been "brave" more and more and have left it out. I have been linking the work better without using the pen, it's just hard to "let go."

Back