A couple of new small pieces

Could be just my mind looking for things, but I'm wondering which you are backing out of and which you are daring to enter. Every second piece seems to really lean on minimalism and the others not so much. Of course this is minimalism with a twist.

I am using all of them Wayne. I work in a lot of different...I don't know if you'd call them styles or genre. And sometimes I mix them both together. In fact, I'm usually trying to marry the two in some way. I feel those are the most successful ones (if I can manage to do it).

The wall is going to be crammed with a lot of random things: preliminary sketches, maps, articles, post-it notes with coordinates and little sloppy drawings, postcards, photographs, survey/plat maps, more rendered drawings, abstract drawings, "for sale" signs, etc. They'll all be tacked to the wall willy-nilly using thumb tacks, sewing pins, band-aids, and tape. All of it is desert-based regarding the land around here.

I want you to have a blast with your show! You have put out an amazing amount of work over the past year - intricate, conceptual, high quality work. This should be a celebration of all your effort. I hope it's a big, fat party! 🥳

Thank you Wayne, Terri, and sno. The drawing wall was a success. Everyone seemed to really love it. People even took Instagram pictures in front of it. Ha ha ha.

13-instagrampose72.jpg

drawinginstall1alan72.jpg

Back