2 big cats

Very fine, sno. You can keep fur--feathers are much easier, and they cover up all the musculature!

Thank you Musket and back atcha, you can have the feathers and I will keep the fur. 😁 ❤️

The thing about fur that seems very difficult to me is the way it lays. Like feathers, it doesn't go just any old way. But fur is much more subtle. And for the most part, birds have no feathers on their tarsi or toes, just scales and scutes, like their dinosaur ancestors. The direction of fur on a mammal's legs seems mighty complicated by comparison. It gave me a good deal of trouble on the otter carving.

The thing about fur that seems very difficult to me is the way it lays. Like feathers, it doesn't go just any old way. But fur is much more subtle. And for the most part, birds have no feathers on their tarsi or toes, just scales and scutes, like their dinosaur ancestors. The direction of fur on a mammal's legs seems mighty complicated by comparison. It gave me a good deal of trouble on the otter carving.
You're right about fur growing different directions. Look sometime at a close up of a horse's face, the hair grows several directions just on the face.

Thank you Joy, they are displayed here and on fb, that will have to do. My walls are full, full, full(as well as stacks and stacks of paintings.:giggle:

Snoball, these are magnificent paintings! You've given these big cats so much heft and power. Outstanding work!

These are excellent! Terrific work, snoball. I'm so happy these older threads are being rediscovered or I'd be missing real gems! ❤

Thank you Terri. :giggle: When Arty and Hannah first started the forum, Arty and I posted a lot to get it off the ground. There are lots of old threads back at the beginning.

These are beautiful! The lion in particular is phenomenal. The mane looks like you could reach out and actually feel the texture of the fur. Outstanding work.

Back