10 minute challenge

I did 8.1 - but I was looking as a painter. I spent most of the time on maximum zoom figuring how it was painted and the "mistakes" or do-overs made. If I weren't trying to "go the distance" - I probably would have spent half that time, which is still a long time for one painting by today's standard.

For me, a better measure of a good a painting is how often and how many times you return to see it again (and again).

I made it to 2 min 18 seconds. I have a short attention span and the painting really didn't do anything for me.

I have to laugh ! I spent several DAYS on this painting a few years ago ! I used it and several others
when it was my turn to host a 'Painting With The Masters ' challenge over on Wet Canvas' It is
one of Whistlers Nocturnes. I love Nocturnes and am trying to do a decent one myself !
Cheers, :D
Patricia

10 minutes 13 seconds. Like Bongo I spent about half that zooming in and out studying how it was done and the nature of the composition. I didn't find it a chore because I like Whistler's nocturnes.

Actually, I think it’s a lovely painting… by James Whistler… but it doesn’t have the sort of elements that might hold my attention for 10 minutes. There are a good many paintings that I have spent 10 minutes or more with both in real life and in reproduction. I think spending an extended period of time with works of art can be quite enlightening.

Back