Yesterday's Folly

Enyaw

namuh
AAOil 280423.jpg

Wayne Gaudon Alla Prima Oil on Paper 11 x 14 Inches ..

Just gorgeous! If you keep this up you're gonna get good at it.;) ❤️❤️
... do you know the song.
Every time he's gone I get your call
His money gets you every thing but my lovin'
So I guess I'm good for something after all

Thanks Sno

I missed this one, somehow. Beautiful study in white, and I love the arching flowers. Gorgeous work! ❤️

How did I miss it??? Or at least making a comment on it? It's beautiful. I love all the marks/(brush?) strokes, especially on the table surface. Amazing piece! ♥️

Thank you Kay.
I don't sell so I don't worry about framing but I have some hung on my walls for a year or more and I just put a good stiff cardboard behind the painting. I don't glue it. I just lay the paper in the frame: put the cardboard or panel board or whatever behind it and call it done. I paint heavy paint and the paper keeps it's shape and doesn't warp. If I were selling I think I would glue the paper to a solid panel. The trick is to keep the back of the paper clean. If you get oil paint on it then you have to use something that adheres to oil paint as your glue. I have used a cheap oil paint with a hardner as a glue and it works fine.

Sorry .. should have said with cheap oil paint and a drier. Coat the paper back, coat the board, weight it, let it dry.

Back