WSO (Water Soluble Oils)

A

Aspenman

Over the past few days, I have painted 3 WSO pieces. I love ❤ working with WSO'S but I dislike the drying time. I've tried using a retarder but feel it diminished the brightness of color.

18x18x1.5 gallery wrapped canvas done on Sunday morning.

Field of Gold
IMG-0357.jpg

Wow this is gorgeous! Maybe drying times vary by brand?
Thanks 😊 Donna-it sure was fun! I will research different brands to see if one offers quick drying. The painting is not quite as loose as I would like so once it is dry, I'll go back into it and see if I can loosen it up.

Lukas makes a water mixable that they claim drys in 8 hours or less. I don't know the difference between a Soluble & a Mixable- in any event, I would not use water to mix either, I would use it straight from the tube like an oil paint.

Beautiful, Aspenman! I love this one! A sense of great depth and distance.I notice that you've introduced a strong diagonal element in some of your paintings lately, and it works well in the foreground here.

Oils dry so slowly in my humid climate, so I can sympathize your complaint. The nature of the beast. I'm looking at an unfinished and almost forgotten WSO WIP right now.

Beautiful, Aspenman! I love this one! A sense of great depth and distance.I notice that you've introduced a strong diagonal element in some of your paintings lately, and it works well in the foreground here.

Oils dry so slowly in my humid climate, so I can sympathize your complaint. The nature of the beast. I'm looking at an unfinished and almost forgotten WSO WIP right now.
Thanks laika-appreciated 😊
Slow drying will be the reason I only paint a WSO on a monthly basis

Back