WIP The road to The Isa

JennieJo

Experimentalist
Contributing Member
My latest work. 800 x 800cm. Stretched canvas. Title: it started on a road trip to The Isa, and turned into a story. I've painted the roadside several times, this time I upsized it. And, then went with the flow.
IMG_20220918_092215_1-01.jpeg

This is amazing, Jennie! Beautiful colors, shapes - I want to get on that road and see where it takes me. ❤️ Wonderful work!

This is amazing, Jennie! Beautiful colors, shapes - I want to get on that road and see where it takes me. ❤️ Wonderful work!
Thanks Terri. Really appreciate your thoughts. You do know I do abstract stuff? I might have ... exaggerated the mountain size just a but 😀 it was a great trip. No not that kind of trip! Just a road trip

Yes, and I love your abstract stuff! I don't do abstract well myself, but admire the work by others. You're one of the first abstract artists that I've been able to enjoy up close like this, seeing your works in progress. :)

Wonderful! I like it when there is a nice mix of realism and abstraction. Exaggerated mountains and bright colors give a lively feel of the place.

My latest work. 800 x 800cm. Stretched canvas. Title: it started on a road trip to The Isa, and turned into a story. I've painted the roadside several times, this time I upsized it. And, then went with the flow.
View attachment 24800
I tidied it up a bit. But couldn't change too much. It's done.

Wonderful! I like it when there is a nice mix of realism and abstraction. Exaggerated mountains and bright colors give a lively feel of the place.
Thanks Donna. The mountain is actually just 0.5 m high dirt on a country road. Have used it several times. This js my favourite so far.

Back