Wild Iris

MurrayG

Contributing Member
Hi Folks, managed to scratch the itch again and had a walk along the path above the sea. A field of wild Iris in flower. Painting is a bit overworked,
amd I got carried away with the foreground and overlooked the tree and stone wall a bit ....Ha!
But the morning was lovely. Sennelier on Canson MT smooth side, about 35x30cm. I am learning that Pastelmat is easier for pleinair :) so I need to scrounge another pad from somewhere.

IMG-171322-IrisPA2.jpg

I notice your coloring has changed of late as you seem more on the expression/impression side of the coin these days. Real nice color combinations happening here. Sort of Van Gogh style to the composition.

You have some gorgeous views to paint, Murray, and I can see why you chose this one. The flowers are the star of this show and they do have a Van Gogh look! I hope you can find more Pastelmat soon.

I notice your coloring has changed of late as you seem more on the expression/impression side of the coin these days. Real nice color combinations happening here. Sort of Van Gogh style to the composition.
Hi Wayne, Really??! I think when I am doing pleinair, it's a balance between impatience, frustration, confusion etc.
In the studio, I seem to be more organised, outside, it's chaos :) Re the colours, maybe it's the Senneliers that push me a little, the Remmies are harder and so I make more controled lines etc...... But, thanks for the encouragement and thoughts, hope I can now harness the effect a little.

You have some gorgeous views to paint, Murray, and I can see why you chose this one. The flowers are the star of this show and they do have a Van Gogh look! I hope you can find more Pastelmat soon.
It was a lovely spot just under the path, the painting deserves better and I will try for a studio piece, thanks for your input.

Very nice Murray. The flowers are great but I particularly like the tree. ❤️
Hi Sno, haHa... that was my least favourite part so it just goes to show, do the work and let it free..... Thank you so much.

Back