WEEKLY ART EVENT - 25th February to 4th March, 2022

Schuee

Hello and Welcome to the Weekly Art Event!

The prompt for this week is: TRUNK/S

If you would like to be inspired by a group of reference images, click on the link: Tutorial: How to Find Copyright-Free Reference Images

Create some art that is inspired by this week's prompt. Let your imagination soar. Turn on your creative juices.

All media and styles are welcome (drawing, painting, digital, photography, sculpture, multi-media, representational, abstract, etc.). It can be something done quickly, a finished work of art or anything in between. It can be created from your imagination, from life or a photo reference. If you use a photo reference, please make sure it has no applicable copyright restrictions.

Post your finished (or unfinished) art in this thread. Post any time during the week. The event runs from Friday to Friday. If you're a little late, just post when you are finished.

Tell us a little about the work if you so desire. For example, you could include the medium you used, where you got your inspiration or how long it took. When you post, it's always nice to "like" or comment on posts made earlier in the thread by other artists. We all like acknowledgement of our work!

Let the prompt spark your creativity. The most important thing is to have fun.

If you would like to provide a weekly prompt, sign up here.

Trunks! I can think of 2 immediately, one of them obvious. I will get on to painting later. Thanks for Hosting Penny.

That’s good, Viv. I look forward to seeing what you do.

Here is mine. 😀

02A3C1A1-FA3E-4938-8924-8F8D9F0317C4.jpeg

Penny - Oh that's great! An elephant making a trunk call with his trunk! Well done, I love it and it is such a happy painting, it made my day!

I have been observing the participation and comments for the Weekly Art Events and think it would work better as a monthly event.

It would give more time for people to develop an idea since it sometimes takes a while to decide what you would like to do and then more time to actually complete the artwork.

Since the time period is longer, there would be three prompts instead of one. Posts could be made any time during the month for any of the three prompts. You would be able to post as many times as you wish. You could respond to one, two or all three prompts during the month.

I am also posting this proposal as a separate thread so people who are not participating this week would still be able to see it. If you have some input, please post your comments in the separate thread. The link to the discussion thread is here.

Thanks for your input.

Thanks Anne for this idea. I agree - by the time members sometimes think of something to paint for the week's prompt, the week has finished. You could try it as a Monthly idea, and maybe 3 prompts would give members more ideas to use. Posting whenever they have completed their entry is definitely the way to go!

Thanks Anne for this idea. I agree - by the time members sometimes think of something to paint for the week's prompt, the week has finished. You could try it as a Monthly idea, and maybe 3 prompts would give members more ideas to use. Posting whenever they have completed their entry is definitely the way to go!
Or another idea is posting about 10 images so members could choose which they prefer to make an artwork from. The Animal & Wildlife Forum is extremely popular using that criteria.

Or another idea is posting about 10 images so members could choose which they prefer to make an artwork from. The Animal & Wildlife Forum is extremely popular using that criteria.
Just a thought along these lines. What if we suggest that anyone who has images that go along with any of the prompts can post them in the thread for others to use rather than have the host be the only one to provide them. People who are not comfortable finding images would then have some to work from.

Schuee - Such a fun and playful idea - and I love your drawing of the elephant, loads of character!

by the time members sometimes think of something to paint for the week's prompt, the week has finished.
This is me most weeks. (Though I always enjoy seeing the work of everyone who thinks faster than I do!)

Schuee - Such a fun and playful idea - and I love your drawing of the elephant, loads of character!

This is me most weeks. (Though I always enjoy seeing the work of everyone who thinks faster than I do!)
Thank you very much, triss. I think the “soon to be“ monthly challenge format will suit you.

Triss, I agree with Penny that I think the monthly challenge will work better. I'll put it up later tonight so it is available tomorrow morning for everyone.

Here's another "trunk." Ink & water-soluble graphite from a reference by davidraynisley on Pixabay.

20220228sk6 Steamer Trunk (davidraynisley, Pixabay).png

Triss, I agree with Penny that I think the monthly challenge will work better. I'll put it up later tonight so it is available tomorrow morning for everyone.

Here's another "trunk." Ink & water-soluble graphite from a reference by davidraynisley on Pixabay.

View attachment 19524
I like ink and wash drawings, Anne. This is very good.

Reactions: ams
Hi All,

We are switching the "Weekly Art Event" to "Monthly Art Prompts" starting with March 2022. I have posted the March prompts here.

You can still post drawings for "Trunk" in this thread as well.

Thanks for all of your feedback about changing the activity to monthly instead of weekly. I think it will work out well.

ams - Beautiful work on your trunk sketch. Love the combination of the loose washes with all the drawn details.

Back