Udaipur

Balaji

This was painted in pre-covid times, at least as far as we in India, and most of the world were concerned. But it was a different story in Wuhan, China where the virus was already rampant, yet un-acknowledged by the Chinese government,

Blissfully unaware of what the future held, my wife, two of her friends, and my cousin & her family were holidaying in Rajasthan. My cousin shared this photo with me and using it as a reference I painted this scene even as they were still on their travels.

Since then the world and our lives have changed so dramatically. Sometimes the carefree life that we had led prior to this pandemic seems to have been in a dream, and that too in a distant past.

But, on the eve of a new year, let us all hope that soon these very rough times will be behind us, and we will look back on 2020 and 2021 and think of these two years as only a part of a very unpleasant dream.

I wish all of you A Very Happy 2022 and hope that for each of you the coming year is full of joy and good health.

Udaipur 1.jpg

What a beautiful painting to say hello to 2022 with words I'm sure we are all thinking. How much we took for granted, the people we knew and loved, some lost forever. So glad you had this painting that is so uplifting.

Beautiful painting! 👍

I agree with your words: hopefully we can move forward now and 2022 is a much better time for all of us.

Beautifully painted. I like the composition too, the wake from the boat points right back to the building. Well done! ❤️❤️

A happy new year 2022 to you too.
A beautiful painting and a kind of memo for better times that will hopefully come again.

What a gorgeous painting and it's such a treat to see this view because it's so far away. Wishing you a happy and healthy new year too!

Beautiful drawing/perspective message. We were on a cruise ship when the pandemic was declared March 2020 and almost didn't get back to port.

Blessings to all in 2022!

Balaji, lovely painting and thoughts we all share.

Joy, glad you weren't on one of the ships that couldn't find a place to land. I felt so sorry for the people on that cruise.

Back