Two Paper Cuttings

RWSewell

In my Welcome post I introduced myself as a paper sculptor. Due to a recent computer crash I lost all of my saved photos and I'm in the process of reclaiming them. For now, I have two paper cuttings from last Spring I would like to share. Not as elaborate as my sculptures but they do share many of the techniques and media ... things like paper, X-Acto blades and the occasional band-aid. :)

Yawning Tiger
18" x 24" mixed media (including quilting fabric)

Yawning Tiger.JPG

Golden Panda
16" x 20" mixed media (including quilting fabric)

Golden Panda.JPG

Thanks for looking and if you have questions they are most welcome.

:) Rob

OK, who else wanted to sympathy-yawn on seeing the tiger?

Both pictures are very nice!👍
As an old-time computer user, the mantra is: backup! backup! backup! And then back up your backups! This was back in the day when you'd save your work to the floppy (!) every few minutes.

Remember, the chief purpose of computers is to irritate humans and annoy them forever! 😉 (And they are doing a great job!)

--Rich

Rob, these are beautiful pieces! Excellent work!

I'm looking forward to seeing more. :) Good luck reclaiming everything - let's hope for the best.

Rob, these examples are wonderful. I am reminded of those pop-up books I loved as a boy.

Rich, I agree with your advice on backing up. External USB drives are inexpensive these days, and there is a free program (Cobian) that will back up selected folders automatically at set times daily.

https://www.cobiansoft.com/cobianbackup.html

Wow, these are meticulously amazing and charming. I have a friend that does this in her art, but in a very different style. You both overwhelm my head with your patience and attention to detail. It's just extraordinary. ♥️ WELL DONE!!!

These are superb! They are both so intricate. I applaud you for your skill and patience. 👏

These are beautiful !
Cheers,
Patricia

I just love the cool textures and stylings of your work. Really wonderful work - I especially love the gold-tipped fur of the panda. Outstanding!

Been looking at all your paper sculptures and am just astounded by the intricacy and beauty of these pieces.

Back