Truck It

Enyaw

namuh
001.jpg

An old truck set out to rust as a relic .. 11 x 14 inches oil on panel .. alla prima .. painted Sept 1/22

Triduana

Contributing Member
Ooh very good. I like how it's a similar colour to the background, like it is slowly becoming part of the scenery.

Donna T

I like how you painted the flowers in the field with a slash of yellow and the truck does seem to be "one" with the field. Such a nice piece!

Enyaw

namuh
Thank you all very much. My wife and I pass this old beast a few times a week as it is on our drive to a nearby lake. Our sort of northern evening drive if you will. I for sure will be there after a snowfall to get a few decent pics to paint.

Bartc

Wayne, your artwork has so much feeling and your brushstrokes have so much energy always. Yet I wonder why they always seem (to my eyes) to have a very dark, somber palette. I assume that's a conscious choice.

Enyaw

namuh
Wayne, your artwork has so much feeling and your brushstrokes have so much energy always. Yet I wonder why they always seem (to my eyes) to have a very dark, somber palette. I assume that's a conscious choice.
Thank you Bart ... one of the first shows I ever watched was old William Alexander .. magic white guy .. he appealed to me as he made it look easy and I always thought he was half baked when he made the show. He was funny. Anyway, he used to say: "you can't have light without dark". Plain old physics. So yes, I choose my color to suit my purpose of having a realistic light and shadow despite the way I choose to display the objects that depict such. However, instead of dark and somber I see it as tranquil and peaceful: a place I would love to sit awhile. And, as we all know, photos of paintings do no real justice.

Neat old truck, love it! ❤️❤️
Thanks Sno.

Enyaw

namuh
Thank you smaughazard. After all, the truck was put out to pasture to rust at it's leisure.

Hermes2020

I was about to mention how much I like Wayne's palette when I read your comment. I agree with what you say about Wayne's brushwork, but the colours, not surprisingly I guess, appeal to me.

Enyaw

namuh
Thank you Patrick .. it's hanging on my wall right now :)

Thanks Hermes .. I don't like paintings that are over saturated so I keep my color on the desaturated side of the coin. You can't please everyone so you may as well please yourself.