The Trail

Enyaw

namuh
004s.jpg

Little guy is just a view across the room.

004.jpg

this is 11 x 14 inches .. oil on paper .. alla prima .. painted April 17/22
I am currently playing with my Dorlands wax by adding a Green and Linseed Oil to make it more fluid. So instead of painting with thick paint I am painting with a more fluid paint. I am enjoying it but still having issues with the medium. I need to get it fluid but I am trying to keep the drying time and matte finish. I know they will suffer but they need to suffer only slightly. This was yesterday's and it was too thin and the wax didn't get into the act at all. I mixed in more wax for today's batch but that's tomorrow's story.

I like effect, this perhaps gives it even more rhythm, flow, life is as always it's all beautiful and fantastic colours

This is a real beauty. You may not have gotten what you wanted - but I'd hang this on my wall in a heart beat and that is the highest compliment I can give :)!

Gorgeous palette!! You know you're never going wrong by me with all that purple. ❤️

Thank you Joe. Yes, more transitional than paint simply over paint as now I put it over and through.

Thank you CaliAnn. That is a huge compliment. I got the painting but it's the finish I am trying to refine. I like a quick dry and a matte finish. That way you can hang it anywhere without glare.

Thanks Terri. I do recall you liking purple 🤗

This is lovely. I like everything about it especially the trail.
Cheers,
Patricia

That's just dreamy; those colors and the brush strokes are working together so well. I have a little jar of Gamblin Cold Wax but haven't tried mixing it with oil paint yet. It seems like this stuff could be a lot of fun so I look forward to seeing your results, Wayne.

Nice work, Wayne! I love that pool of light on the trail. Great colors and application.

Thank you Patrica.

Thanks Donna. I will try to update over the next few days. Should not take long to figure it out.

Thanks Lamar. Diamond trail.

Thanks for sharing your process. I find it very interesting. Hope you get where you want to go.

This is one of my favorites again. All that purple is luscious and stunning. I like all the effect of the medium. I like that wax medium a lot myself as well. But I always forget to use it.

Back