Tall Trees Long Shadows

A

Aspenman

24x18 using Lukas Berlin Water Mixable Oils on 246lb linen textured paper using a dry brush technique with a 2 inch cheap natural bristled brush alla prima. Lots of color blending done directly on the surface dry into dry.

IMG-0945.jpg

Thanks 😊 CaliAnn-I love to paint trees as you can have fun with them

I love the way the contrast of the light and shadow fades into that wonderful, muted background. And the sunlight reaching in to catch the trunks in the foreground - wow! My hat is off to you, Aspenman!

I love the way the contrast of the light and shadow fades into that wonderful, muted background. And the sunlight reaching in to catch the trunks in the foreground - wow! My hat is off to you, Aspenman!

Thanks laika, your wonderful comments were very much appreciated thank you

Wow!! Your trees are lovely, but it's the foreground that makes this one a standout for me. The high contrast between light and shadow really gives the feel of walking in bright sun. I love it!

Wow!! Your trees are lovely, but it's the foreground that makes this one a standout for me. The high contrast between light and shadow really gives the feel of walking in bright sun. I love it!

Thanks Terri I appreciate your response. I had fun with this one