Sunset Over The Marsh

A

Aspenman

12x16 on canvas paper using SoHo HB Acrylics and WMO'S alla prima using a dry brush technique with a 2 inch cheap natural bristled brush. The painting is mostly Acrylics with the textural effects done in Lukas Berlin WMO'S. The acrylic dries so quickly I can go over it using the WMO'S during the same session.

IMG-0998.jpg

Very nice! I like the effects you got with acrylics and oils - the best of both worlds.

wow, cool painting ... I like the wildfire-mood it conveys ... I love to paint oils over acrylics but often had heavy discussions over the method saying the oils do not attach properly the acrylic layer and paintings won't last .... nobody can't tell for sure and I won't be alive forever ... ;)
cheers,

Andy

wow, cool painting ... I like the wildfire-mood it conveys ... I love to paint oils over acrylics but often had heavy discussions over the method saying the oils do not attach properly the acrylic layer and paintings won't last .... nobody can't tell for sure and I won't be alive forever ... ;)
cheers,

Andy
The information I've read from the Mfg's of WMO'S declare it most certainly can be applied over acrylic BUT, acrylic should not be applied over WMO'S.
So I do apply WMO'S over acrylic with no problem to date.

This is so gorgeous. I'm always impressed with your technique and palette choices. ❤️ Love it!!

I know you have used this acronym in the past: WMO, but can you please define it again? We are not a fan of undefined acronyms here as stated in the rules. Is it water oils? What is the M? Sorry if I sound stupid!

I know acrylic over oil is a no-no. It will crack eventually.

I know you have used this acronym in the past: WMO, but can you please define it again? We are not a fan of undefined acronyms here as stated in the rules. Is it water oils? What is the M? Sorry if I sound stupid!

I know acrylic over oil is a no-no. It will crack eventually.
W = Water.

M = Mixable

O = Oils

I love the painting. I’ve done oil over acrylics and like the results. Your results are excellent. . Pretty sure we get your acronyms if we follow you. We can always ask.