Sunlit

Balaji

Over the last few years my hand has progressively become less steady. I have tried to continue sketching, adapting my style to cope with this problem. But over the last few months the twitches seemed to be getting worse. To combat this I have tried to do a large number of quick sketches starting from the first week of May. I have done over a 120 sketches in this period, and yes, My hand is definitely less twitchy now.

This particular sketch was done around a week after I started this exercise. This was meant to be a ten minute sketch of the corner of a palace in Paris, France. But I was not that quick...yet. This 4" x 5" pen and ink sketch took me twenty minutes using an inexpensive black ink gel pen.

Sunlit.jpg

Very nice Balaji.

Sorry to hear you are having problems with your hand twitching. I hope the exercises you are doing continue to help.

Sorry to hear about the problem. My own hands are not as steady as they once were, so I get it. Your work is still excellent though. ❤️

This is gorgeous. Love your style. Sorry you have problems. It doesn't show in your work. I'm smiling at this sketch.

You always do such beautiful work, Balaji, however long it takes. I hope your hands improve too because I also know what it’s like when you want to make art and your hands won’t cooperate.

Anne, Margaret, Jo, and Donna...Thank you for your very nice comments.

I have now been sketching for a further five weeks since I did this sketch, and I am happy to say that my hand is definitely steadier than it was then. Of course some days are better than other days.

Excellent sketch. ♥️

I have the same issue and going faster helps. But I've also embraced how the "wiggle" of the pen's quality looks. I don't really see it here with yours.

Excellent sketch. ♥️

I have the same issue and going faster helps. But I've also embraced how the "wiggle" of the pen's quality looks. I don't really see it here with yours.
Thank you Ayin.

I could live with slightly wobbly lines. They may even give character to my sketches. But the way the unsteadiness was progressing in March and April this year I feared that soon I may not be able to sketch at all. Fortunately, the amount of sketching that I have done over the last six weeks has made my hand much steadier for now.

Back