Oil pastel on black card, watercolour on rough textured paper

Attachments

• 20220519_080611-01.jpeg
    20220519_080611-01.jpeg
    113 KB · Views: 65
  • 20220519_080611-02.jpeg
    20220519_080611-02.jpeg
    100.6 KB · Views: 67
I just looked at the other 2 studies, and they are all so unique - but I think I'm more drawn to these last 2. I really love this rosy palette!

Will be fun to see what you do with all of them, Jennie. ❤️

The dual effect is important. As stand-alone works the story is incomplete with only a single work. The challenge is how do display them? Juxtapose next to each other (not my favorite) or facing off across a room (my favorite). The risk is that the viewer may not catch on but they should be left to their own devices (the sandbox approach to displaying art). My days of exploring Sh-Ho were rewarded when at times I spent a little extra time studying a work then discovering a reference on another piece (and one time on another floor!). Of course only occurred with a single or small group of arts show. But I digress - nice work.

Amazing how similar, yet different these are. Well done. ❤️
I just looked at the other 2 studies, and they are all so unique - but I think I'm more drawn to these last 2. I really love this rosy palette!

Will be fun to see what you do with all of them, Jennie. ❤️
Thanks Terri, always good to hear your thoughts. We're in the middle of some unseasonal heavy rain at the moment. And, it's too cold to Brave the weather and scamper to me art shed. I'll be over ready to start in a few days.

The dual effect is important. As stand-alone works the story is incomplete with only a single work. The challenge is how do display them? Juxtapose next to each other (not my favorite) or facing off across a room (my favorite). The risk is that the viewer may not catch on but they should be left to their own devices (the sandbox approach to displaying art). My days of exploring Sh-Ho were rewarded when at times I spent a little extra time studying a work then discovering a reference on another piece (and one time on another floor!). Of course only occurred with a single or small group of arts show. But I digress - nice work.
So nice to read your thoughts. Much better than chatting with myself! I'm going to try the sandbox approach - love that term. I'll be using that too.

Just looked up Sh-Ho. Another bit of new information. Thanks.

I agree with Terri in their uniqueness. They are so original, which is what I love about your work. I'm so glad you came here. ♥️

I agree with Terri in their uniqueness. They are so original, which is what I love about your work. I'm so glad you came here. ♥️
That's a great thing to say! I am really happy I found the group! I believe it does make me more creative. There's so much great art here. My really big challenge is ... what to do with it all. I like the idea of Artists Books.

All of the studies you posted are so unique and interesting! I'm so intrigued by how different a piece not only looks but feels when you change the color of the background. Colors on black seem more dramatic while I get a calmer, quieter feel from something like the rose colors on a lighter background. Maybe there's something more at work than just contrast because there is plenty of contrast in both of these!

That's a great thing to say! I am really happy I found the group! I believe it does make me more creative. There's so much great art here. My really big challenge is ... what to do with it all. I like the idea of Artists Books.

All of the studies you posted are so unique and interesting! I'm so intrigued by how different a piece not only looks but feels when you change the color of the background. Colors on black seem more dramatic while I get a calmer, quieter feel from something like the rose colors on a lighter background. Maybe there's something more at work than just contrast because there is plenty of contrast in both of these!
It is interesting isn't it. It could become a Rabbit Hole for me, so I may no do any more. The pull is not going away 😀

omgosh just saw this so something or other! cant quite phrase it... but brilliant in every way
Thank you so much. I've just been asked if my street art project looked the way it did because it had been rained on - it was the block in layer :) your comment is just what I needed!

Back