Shabbos Dinner Abandon

Artyczar

I didn't know if I should put this in the Oils Forum (where I put the in-progress shots), or here. I guess I chose here. This now finished and is an oil on panel at 24 x 24 inches. My first completed piece of 2023.

shabbos-dinner-abandon72.jpg

I like how this came out. I get the feeling that this is a family gathering (based on the clothes of the subject and the table setting). The woman (Mother/Aunt/Neighbor) is interacting with the little girl as the dessert goodies are being setup. Lots of wonderful details to soak up. The purple wallpaper, the abstract painting and the delicious cakes on display. My one criticism is the little girls blue outfit which includes a part that appears to be a sutured abdominal wound. The more I examine it the more incongruous it seems. But a very minor observation. A wonderful work. Thanks for sharing.

Hermes, thank you so much! The colors were very tough and thoughtful decisions. ;)

Sno! Wow, thank you! I really appreciate that you say that. This is such a new series. I hope I'm going in the right direction. You make me feel like maybe I am! ❤️

Thank you rcleary for your great comments. Yours make me feel like I'm definitely going in the correct direction. :ROFLMAO:❤️

I didn't know if I should put this in the Oils Forum (where I put the in-progress shots), or here. I guess I chose here. This now finished and is an oil on panel at 24 x 24 inches. My first completed piece of 2023.

View attachment 28310
You had me at yellow 😉 Seriously, I love the story of this. There's something seriously special in the 'everyday'. And all those Happy cues. Thanks.

This turned out fantastic! I am in love with it - the woman in yellow is superb - the story begins and ends with her. ❤️
❤️

My first completed piece of 2023
Mazel tov! ❤️

I've been in love with this one since I saw your first sketch. It turned out beautifully!

I love your palettes so much. I don't know how you do it. They're always full of dropped bits of perfection - here, it's the lavender wallpaper across from the bright green mat.

This series is blowing me away.

I think I said this before , and it also applies for this work, I love how instantly recognizable your work is. A very strong style.

I like how the colors in the little girl's corner of the world are bold and vivid, in contrast with the grays and muted colors (except for the abstract painting) in the adult's world. Makes me think! :unsure:
(y)

Thanks very much OleKobe. ❤️ Everyone's observations make me think as well. Thanks everyone for pointing these things out! ❤️

Well, as I said on your blog: I love the overall composition, the popping colors, the walls and their psychedelic Mondrian, the lady’s dress and what I prefer : the little girl’s hair which make this dinner something very very special… I litterally put myself in her shoes trying to guess what is going to happen…Congrats Ayin ! You’re a great artist and you do it for all the people like me who just love to look at your works and enter into your world.
(y) (y) (y)

Back