Scavenger Hunt from Life #87: Oct 9 - Oct 17

Fletch, You made me and Gene laugh. Another friend on my blog said it looked like a cartoon of Gene! I love your table. All so good. You draw so well. I would like to see your house with all the Southwest collections. I think I had a coyote like that someplace, turquoise painted wood. Hmmm.

Hi, everyone else...

#2 another "curve" piece ...garden decoration at our community mall... about 10 min..done on my cellphone using its stylus.

1000021376.jpg
1000021377.jpg

Sketched at the dining table with Micron 03 in the BookFactory sketchbook. About 10 minutes. Cross posted in Inktober.
Number 5 From the Fridge - New Mexico 505 green chile.
csshfl87from-fridge-ink12.jpg

Ai, thanks. I am glad you can revisit some locations here with me.

Jo, thanks for the info. I only used mine for music when walking. Now I just tune into my surroundings. Lol Nice sketches even if Gene’ s head looks a little narrow.

Pine Cone, my earphones hooked around my ears. The others always felt like they were falling out. I’m sure if I really wanted them enough I would go and check them out. Thanks.

Fletch, thanks. I tried looking thru all my paint tubes before I came here and tried to put in useful Venetian colors. Lunkily I have a sepia we pencil because I don’t have a sepia that is rust colored. Mine is more brown. Great sketch of the items and great detail to the decorations on the lamp base.

4 - bigger than a bread box - watercolors and ink

IMG_3629.jpeg

5 - fee space - watercolors and ink
IMG_3631.jpeg

Missed a few posts.

Ai, love the flamingos from the mall. You find such fun stuff to sketch.

Jo, does the 505 relate to the heat level of the green chiles?

Pine Cone, my earphones hooked around my ears. The others always felt like they were falling out. I’m sure if I really wanted them enough I would go and check them out. Thanks.

Joan — I apologize - I thought you wanted a way to use your ear gizmos with your iPhone. That's why I offered the info on an adapter. Please forgive 🙏😌

Jo - Glad I made you both smile. Nice ink work on the jar.

Ai - am still processing that you drew the flamingoes with your finger on your phone. Super job!

Joan - Love the format for the alley .long and narrow. You nailed the bricks and stone work in the bottom one. Stones look wet. Terrific illusion of depth. You comment on Jo’s chiles made me laugh. Thanks.

#4 doorknob multiple grades of graphite in A5 sized sketchbook. Full page. speaking of full.. full disclosure. I sketched the basic door knob and lock standing in the entry but went back to my chair to do the shading. Really wanted to capture the metal. Think the lock came closer than the handle. Also put a line for the edge of the door but used a ruler to make it straight and darker. Over an hour but in short spurts.

IMG_2047.jpeg

Keep sketching
Fletch

Joan, wow, loving your Italian flair. The bigger than a breadbox is so nice. And the free space with the dark shadows is amazing. Ha, the 505 is the area code for Albuquerque and lots of New Mexico.

Fletch, we have the same kind of door knobs but in dark copper, burnished? I was going to try that. Yours is right on. Love the shine.

Today is a holiday in Thailand...so I went sketching in the city....then another hop to a tea cafe. It gets so hot too quick...So i cannot do another robot.

#3 bigger than a bread box..."Gundum" Japanese robot cartoon character statue at Central World, in the middle of the heart of Bangkok.

1000021401.jpg

1000021405.jpg

1000021409.jpg

#4 free space -- artisan teatime
1000021427.jpg

1000021426.jpg

Ai -Cool robot. When I first looked at your photo I thought the man taking photos was a smaller robot. Do you find the coolest cafes or are all cafes in Thailand so cool? Question what is the function of the giant key in the drink?

#5 put in ear - Ear Bud. Multiple grades of graphite in pocket sketchbook.

IMG_2048.jpeg

Keep sketching
Fletch

Pine Cone, I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to be rude about your earbud info. I very rarely listen to anything through them. I originally got them to replace the one that kept falling out when I was walking with my iPod Nano (so that should give you an idea how long ago that was). I always forgot to recharge the iPod so I got use to walking without it. But I hate that things that we get used to get changed by the manufacturers and you always need something new or something that adapts to what you have. We were packing for this trip and I felt like we needed a suitcase just for chargers. I have all Apple products with me, and each one has a different plug. Sorry for my rant…

Fletch, the lock really looks super! You really captured the shine.

Jo, thanks. I’m enjoying the different scenery.

Ai, that us one big robot! Yikes! I wouldn’t want to be sketching outdoors if it is that hot. I’d rather be inside sketching the tea service and the cute doll. It looks like what we used to call a Cupie Doll. Nice work on such fun items.

Ai, wow, that is a big robot! Hope he is friendly. Ha. Love the tea setting. Pretty pot and cup and you captured it well. Fun Kewpie doll. Hadn't thought of those in years. Made me smile.

Joe, great earbud.

Joan, I know what you mean about techie stuff. The apps have to be updated almost daily. Before chips I had thing on my iMac that worked from the 80s. Now it is all different. Can't plug in anything on the new phones it seems. Drives me crazy. I held on to my old iMac until nothing worked anymore and had to bite the bullet and get a new one. About the only advantages to me is I can answer my phone and send texts on it. Makes typing easier. Ha.

I sketched at my desk in the BookFactory sketchbook, with a Micron 02 and the Piochoo dual point pens for color.
Number 6 blue - scissors

csshfl87blue.jpg

Pine Cone, I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to be rude about your earbud info. I very rarely listen to anything through them. I originally got them to replace the one that kept falling out when I was walking with my iPod Nano (so that should give you an idea how long ago that was). I always forgot to recharge the iPod so I got use to walking without it. But I hate that things that we get used to get changed by the manufacturers and you always need something new or something that adapts to what you have. We were packing for this trip and I felt like we needed a suitcase just for chargers. I have all Apple products with me, and each one has a different plug. Sorry for my rant…

Joan — the apology is mine. I wasn't clear... the thing I recommended is just an extension to the cord of your current ear gizmos, no matter if they are earbuds or headphones or whatever.

It's a tiny little thing, and cheap.

Its purpose is to give you a way to use your current ear gizmos with newer devices that don't have a place to plug in your ear gizmos. This little device gives you that ability back.

Here's a copy of what I said before...

"Here's a screenshot from the Apple Store App of what you may be able to use. However, YOU HAVE TO KNOW IF YOUR DEVICE CONNECTION IS *LIGHTNING* for example or *USB-C* for example.

‼️ ➡️ If you don't know, post a picture of your CHARGING CORD - BOTH ENDS - and I can probably tell you what kind of ***headphone jack adapter*** you need!!!

IMG_1280.jpeg

Fletch: Thanks.... lol my cell phone comes with a stylus, so I use that to sketch on my cellphone. The big key thing in a drink must be for the funky decoration more than I need to use it for stiring...

Joan, Jo, PineCone: Thanks.

Jo, looks like you borrowed my scissors from home.

Pine Cone, thanks. I will have to write down what it is so I can check it out when we are home. We won’t be back for a while yet. Looks handy.

7 - has an odd outline (canopies over the tables) - watercolors and ink
IMG_3684.jpeg

Hi everyone!
Joan, such a nice scene with the umbrellas and folks dining/drinking. Thanks for taking us to Italy!!

Ai — Yummy color mixing ad! Lovely dishes! Wow, amazing sketch showing the unbelievable resiliency of flamingos! 💗 And fantastic sketch of Gundum! I'm like JoC and hoping he's friendly 🙏 The colors and delicacy of all your tea shop sketches are very appealing - beautiful work 😊

Joan — Your images from Venice, all of them, seem very personal and incredibly special. They comfort my heart as bad news and sorrow seem to engulf our little planet.
In the past, I've seen many charming paintings of the narrow streets and canals and cafes of Italy... But yours seem more real to me. Charming yet infused with an impenetrable strength. Sometimes even intimidating in your expressive reveals of its narrow passages and dark waters. Your portrayals of it all are brave, honest, captivating. Thank you so much for painting and posting during your trip. It means a lot 😂

Robin — You are both in my thoughts and prayers always 🙏

JoC — Your sketches always bring a smile ☺️ Cool Bolivian box! Excellent earbud sketch too, and the not-really-there pot of gold cracked me up because it's so accurate (illusory) seen from this side 😁😉 Smile about cool Gene sketch and the sketch comments ☺️ Love your scenic pines 💚 Fun 505 food - I actually thought it really was the heat level 😃 Love the colors of the super 3D scissors too!

Fletch — LOL don't tell, but I prefer Microsoft for computers, but it's a moot point these days 🙃😌
Cool end table stuff and excellent luminous sketch of the scene. The door with its metal lock and door knob are fantastic - gleaming! 👍 Ear bud is also beautifully shaded!

Joan: Wow... fantastic artistic trip to Venice. Lovely plein aire scene... well done.

PineCone, JoC, Fletch: Thank you.

Back