Scavenger Hunt from Life #30-July 1- July 9

Robin Gillis

Welcome friend scavenger artists......Please refer to the previous hunt for detailed guidelines. For now lets sketch as many of these items as we can in whatever medium we like. Comments are enjoyed but not necessary. Any little sketch is welcomed.....just gotta be from life and on the list. Thanks

I thought for a change we could maybe play a little trick on our lazy bones by drawing three DIFFERENT types or forms of the named object. Drawing the same amount of objects (26). There will be eight sets of three and two free spaces. Let me know if you got questions. Thanks

1 - three different switches
2 - three different paper products
3 - three different body parts
4 “. “. Lighting devices
5. “. “. Types os jewelery
6. “. “. Clothes hangers
7. “. “. Keys
8. “. “. vehicles
free space
free space.

If you don’t want to draw three cause maybe you don’t have time or something just do one or two , whatever you can. It’s just for fun.

Robin, thanks for the new list. I will have to search for jewelry .. may have to sub. I don't wear much jewelry. Looks like fun!!

3 - keys (2 regular, one lucky :)
3 - switches
A2B67004-2A4B-48D9-B774-76ED93616D03.jpeg

Robin - thanks for the new list. Great sketches and I like your little Eskimos!

Happy belated Canada Day to those who celebrate!

Robin - great collection of coloured items :)

Robin, you found some different switches. Love the kettle and the lucky whale's teeth wedding gift.

1, 2, 3 - clothes hangers - Sketch & Wash pencil
IMG_0289.jpeg

4, 5, 6 - keys - ink

IMG_0286.jpeg

Robin, your sketches are so full of life. I like your lines and hatching. Cute pair.

Joan, good for you for sketching on a busy weekend. Nice lines on your items.

Happy Canada Day!
Happy Independence Day July 4 in the USA!

We have Joanna's celebration today. Her birthday is on the 4th. Our Fireworks!!

Robin - I really like the folds on the shade and hatching on the kettle.

Joan - Nice line quality in both graphite and ink.

Viv, EP, jo - waves

Got an update from Jeanne.
”In case you wanted to know what’s happening with my hands and wrists I had an x-ray on both hands and wrists and I had an MRI on my right wrist which is the worst:
Right wrist
Erosive arthritis
Scapholunate ligament full thickness—usually from a fall onto the hand
Bone marrow edema
Build up of fluid (The pain associated with bone marrow edema is often debilitating and may limit function and activities of daily living. Even though the condition will eventually regress on its own, the distress associated with debilitating pain often takes a serious toll on the mental and emotional well-being of patients.)
Mild tendinitis
Cartilage degenerating
Necrosis- Kienbock's disease is also known as avascular necrosis (AVN) of the lunate. The lunate is one of the eight small bones in the wrist. In this condition, the lunate bone loses its blood supply, leading to death of the bone.”

Please keep Jeanne in your thoughts and prayers.

Keep sketching
Joe

Jo, thanks for the update on Jean. Sorry to hear of her debilitating health condition! I remember the wonderful drawings she did for years on Wet Canvas. Hope Jean's condition doesn't get any worse!

RObin ,Thanks for the list. I made my drawings for hunting, soon I'll place them . Joan, Robin ,beautiful drawings . I'm sorry for Jeanne, a big jump is a wish for the best

Last edited:
12 3 three different paper products ,are roll paper towels and paper handkerchiefs
4 keys

2022-07-05 17-22_pagina_1.jpg

5 e 6 Types of jewelry, watching tv .........., wimbledon central stadium and djokovich's head

sketchbook a5 , pen

2022-07-05 17-22_pagina_2.jpg

Joe, oh, no, so sorry to hear about Jeanne. Yikes. I'll try to reach out, too.

joe1lt, nice paper napkin holder with the napkins. We always have paper towels, good ellipses. The keys are well done, I like your lines to give them excitement. Hadn't thought of Wimbledon this year. Nice.

I went to the doctor, slight infection in my throat. I'm fine, no fever. Sketched on my iPhone while waiting with the app, Brushes.
First of three lighting devices #1 lights hanging on wall to look in your ears, nose and throat.

csshfl30lighting-device.jpg

Robin: Thanks for the cool list. I will try some... The workplace seminar at the beach hotels over the past weekend turned out way too serious ... I hardly had time to breath ... so my travel mini sketch set was not even touched.

All: Arts from everyone sure are inspiring. (y) I hope to join in some before this Hunt ends. ... Oh dear ... so sorry of the news of Jeanne health. She will always be in my thought. My prayers go her way.

Last edited:
Hi art buddies,

Joan- nice hangers. They are the most awkward things to stack neatly. Your arrangement portrays it well. Ah, had forgotten about those old puffy hangers, usually some light pink or blue satin. Nice direct approach.

JoCas- cool digi. Delicate and special lighting. DoubleExtra points for unusual and in public Art action !

hi EP and Vivian - hope you get some sketching in

Joe1- light, airy sketching , sketching while watching tv is a unique experience...nice change of pace.....evev just a few quick lines can feel good- tas for sharing

Ai - good to hear from you. Hope you have a good time overall...looking forward to seeing a sketch or two...no pressure, no pressure

jmFl- thanks for bring us up to date with Jeanne. She can make beautiful animal art and other fun pieces.... I will be praying for her. I am glad she is keeping in touch. I agree- the emotional impact of body pain and decay is tough.....

I hope to do a few drawings tonight. My fiancé was hospilized thurs with a stroke. The hospital is 1 1/2 hrs away....and I am going every day.....He is steadily improving. The chaplain stopped by today. Tom asked if she could marry us. She smiled and when she went to leave she was back in seconds with a card with the names of three of the chaplains there that could marry us. If he is still in rehab Aug 5, that is probably gonna be it. He wants Aug 5- it’s his granddaughters birthday and plus it will be easier to remember .... but sketching is good therapy for relaxing and taking away lingering feelings.....that is why it must be hard for Jeanne....

so like jmFl says - keep sketching

A corner of a cafe, next to our neighborhood carwash... done in about 15 min, in ink+wc in about 5x7 inch page of Thai local brand sketchbook

#1 --my freechoice#1 -- a corner of an English garden

h30_freeChoice1_a.jpg

h30_freeChoice1_b.jpg

Back