Scavenger Hunt from Life #122: Jul 14 - Jul 22

Ai, I'm glad there is so much in the area for you to sketch and to interest the girls. They must be having a great time.

Fletch, your hand came out great...very few wrinkles. lol Thanks for hosting.

Sorry I got distracted and didn't get to sketch as much as I wanted...or even comment on everything. I see the new list is already up.

Ai, I'm glad there is so much in the area for you to sketch and to interest the girls. They must be having a great time. Is Tone taking all the photos?

#11 radio ... the radio/television broadcasting tower over Tokyo, called the Tokyo Skytree... directwatercolor with a waterbrush...I felt awkward to use it but it fits the little quick sketch situation (about 4x6 inch)

View attachment 42080

View attachment 42081
Ai, Twilight Zone here. I don't recall ever seeing the Skytree and after I looked at your post we sat down to watch TV. I found a new to us program, don't even remember what it was but the opening scene was the Skytower and the area there. Later in the show they showed the scene at night. I couldn't believe it. Anyway, you did a fantastic job on your sketch. Thanks for your photos and stories about Tokyo. I'm so in awe of your trip. Our son was there a few years ago with work and it is all so interesting.

Ned, the pens are much like Micron or Zig. I think maybe a bit more durable and cheaper. No holding upright until the nib wears down. Ha. Good strokes without much pressure so it has been good.

Thanks to all. See you on Hunt 123!

Back