Scavenger Hunt #57-Feb 11 - 19

Robin Gillis

Hello art buddies,

Glad you tuned in and hope you can share a piece from your art world with us this hunt.

Detailed info about the hunts on preceding hunt. Main guidelines are draw with any tool you like from life within the time span of the hunt. Comments not necessary. Keep items numbered as you go.

You can draw something related to list item and post your trail of relatedness. Example- potato, fries, oil, ketchup, vinegar etc.

Happy hunting!

animal
wood
body part
selfie
texture
in public
view looking down
free space
outdoor furniture
indoor furniture
art tool
starts with F
given to you
related to something you did yesterday
related to something you did today
bubbles
pattern
whisk or other kitchen tool
inside a drawer
has two legs or feet
has four or more legs or feet
gear
in the garage
free space
has different ends
ingredient commonly used for breakfast, lunch or dinner

Ready, set,....Lets go on the hunt!

Wow - thanks for the new list. I feel rather behind so it may be some time before I get to this ...

Thanks Robin

Sketch in 5.5" x 8.5" sketch pad black crayola pencil

1. Body part my foot.

foot.jpg

Paul, nice for being first. Good perspective on that foot. Good shading, too. Maybe I'll sketch today.

I went out sketching at a fishing seaside town, 1 hour from Bangkok called SamutSakorn with several of my friends, including a new Japanese sketcher friend, named Kenji. We saw many fishing boats and mangrove plants along the waterway.

#1 start with an 'F' ... flora or the mangrove parts
#2 free space (boat)
#3 related to the thing I do today... sketching trip today at SamutSakorn seaside town.

h57_boat3.jpg

h57_boat2.jpg

h57_manGrove-parts.jpg

h57_manGrove-parts-B.jpg

h57_manGrove-parts-C.jpg

Attachments

• h57_boat3.jpg
    h57_boat3.jpg
    100.9 KB · Views: 43
Last edited:
Ai, what great finds for your start to the Hunt! The boats are fantastic. The leaves and pods are so well done. Applause.

I played in the dust on the wiped off paper, bye-bye to the potatoes. About 20 minutes with the same old pastels. Got out one more gray. I need to put them away so I will use a different palette next time.
Number 1, animal - a little hedgehog I've had for a while. I think I've sketched it before. It is just so ugly it is cute.

csshflanimal.jpg

cssetupanimal.jpg

Seems like I've overslept the last hunt. :) Thank you for the new list, Robin.

Paul - very nice sketched foot.

AI, You're finding always beautiful and interesting areas and objects to depict in your sketchbook.

Jo, the ugly hedgehog is really cute.

Thank you all. The hedgehog has been hanging around for a few years and sneaks into the Hunts once in a while.

MPaull- relaxed sketch, looks like a happy foot, nice to look at

Ai- oh what a lucky girl you are - sketching about in the company of other sketchers! And lovely sketches, too! Beautiful blues of boat and the brown ship perspective with the offset stacked crows nestles makes feeling of bobbing water. Photo od sketch pad on top of netting is water dreamy. Great plant sketches…..your persistent with the medium is yielding to your heart.

JoC- bravo—- all the cool art pictures lying underneath the humble scruffy hedgehog reminds me of my son in law would paint a scene and show it me and then next day paint over it and then third day again… he was a mystical kinda soul…so now when I look at the piece he gave me the top painting is only part of what I “see”. Yes, for sure your hedgehog pal is close kin to mine. Yours would make a great picture for child room.…and the potatoes are posted in hunt#56 for ever. I am gonna drag em for a desktop.

Hope ya‘ll get a few moments to sketch any little thing.

Paul, nice sketch of your foot. Good perspective.

Ai, great sketches of the boats...and direct watercolors too! Impressive. Looks like a nice area to sketch, especially when you have sketching companions with you. I love the leaf and the pods from the area. Nicely done!

Jo, the hedgehog has a lot of character. I like how you have him posed in the light in your studio.

Yesterday I joined the NYC Urban Sketchers in Manhattan at the NYC Fire Museum. It had some great fire apparatus from the past and they were really elaborate.
1 - has two legs (My friend, Shawne was drawing shields that were in the display case where she was standing.) - watercolors and ink

IMG_1809.jpeg

2 - related to something I did yesterday (visiting the Fire Museum). This was a hose reel for the fire hoses that was pulled by hand. - watercolors and ink

IMG_1807.jpeg

3 - starts with F (firefighter mannikin) - watercolors and ink

IMG_1812.jpeg

Thank you all for kind words on my sketches.

Jo: Love your studio hedgehog buddy sketch... extra points for seeing your pastel workspace.

Joan: Absolutely amazing finds and super sketch result of them all. Love how you sketch your art buddy in crowed corner. Nice details on the wagon... I'll never got them down in proper circle. Excellent fireman suit.

Ai, thanks so much. When I got to the Fire Museum and saw all those wheels I panicked. I hate doing ellipses and those wheels were so big!

Sylwia, thanks! The hyacinth came out great!! I like how you used the white gel pen to add the details in the flowers.

Paul, nice work on those arches and columns...good perspective. Nice shape on the Chinese jar. Museums seem to be a popular destination this weekend.

Back