Sanctuary!

Dawnbelle

The entrance to sanctuary! I’m not sure I can show the images of the sanctuary itself though...
D8A58FC4-D101-4729-88DC-44B281568E96.jpeg

Very nice! Are the lights above the door real, or are they painted on? And peering closely, I can see somewhat Hebraic characters on the lintel. The door itself combines organic and mechanical elements very well, with hints of various religious symbols in it. 👏👏👏

--Rich

Very nice! Are the lights above the door real, or are they painted on? And peering closely, I can see somewhat Hebraic characters on the lintel. The door itself combines organic and mechanical elements very well, with hints of various religious symbols in it. 👏👏👏

--Rich
Thank you! It’s psalms 91:1 in Hebrew And yes the Lights are real. They run on a small battery.

Wow! Beautiful!
And peering closely, I can see somewhat Hebraic characters on the lintel.
And I've been wondering if some of the symbols in your other posts might not be Kabbalistic in nature? Please pardon if that's an insensitive and/or very ignorant question.

Wow! Beautiful!

And I've been wondering if some of the symbols in your other posts might not be Kabbalistic in nature? Please pardon if that's an insensitive and/or very ignorant question.
Not in my posts! 😉 So nothing for me to pardon. As Dawnbelle said,
Thank you! It’s psalms 91:1 in Hebrew
Many Jewish people have a small box with scripture in them attached to their doorpost. (Don't remember what they are called, but the concept comes from a verse in the Old Testament.) A Hebrew-Christian friend of ours has some scripture painted above her porch. (from Psalms, I believe.) Quite decorative, and I'm sure she gets to chat with many people about it.

HTH,
--Rich

Not in my posts! 😉 So nothing for me to pardon. As Dawnbelle said,

Many Jewish people have a small box with scripture in them attached to their doorpost. (Don't remember what they are called, but the concept comes from a verse in the Old Testament.) A Hebrew-Christian friend of ours has some scripture painted above her porch. (from Psalms, I believe.) Quite decorative, and I'm sure she gets to chat with many people about it.

HTH,
--Rich
It's called a mezuzah (translation is "doorpost"). It is put on doorjambs at the entrances of homes (and businesses). The Torah script is the Book of Deuteronomy 6:4-9 and 11:13-21 (part of the Shema) which is on the front, and the Sha-dai is on the back, which is basically: "Guardian of the doorways of Israel."

EDIT: these texts inside the box are always handwritten on animal parchment. They are teeny-tiny! They have to fit inside that little box. Pretty impressive. ;)

Back