Saint Louis Square, Montreal

RWSewell

Wanted to share an architectural paper sculpture I just finished. I recently visited Montreal and was inspired by the Victorian row apartments, particularly those in Saint Louis Square. There are several beautiful examples, most accented with bright coloring that really highlight the details. I've attempted this subject before in color but have gotten bogged down by those amazing details. For this sculpture I stayed pure white and simplified many of the details. To make things easier, I constructed this as three houses that I then attached together. Every element (door, window, wallside) I made three of each with a T-Square, ruler and so forth to streamline the construction. This came together surprisingly fast.
Please enjoy and if you have any questions, ask away!
:) Rob

Saint Louis Square, Montreal.JPG

Here's a close up that hopefully shows the embossed roof tile and brickwork:

Saint Louis Square, Montreal cu.JPG

This is so intricate, so detailed! It's just beautiful to look at. How cleverly you brought together the 3 houses - I never would have guessed!

Outstanding craftsmanship and detail. It's mind-blowing! Wow! ♥️ Montreal is one of my favorite cities.

That's amazing and incredibly beautiful, as are your tiger and panda in the other thread. You do such unique work!

Wanted to share an architectural paper sculpture I just finished. I recently visited Montreal and was inspired by the Victorian row apartments, particularly those in Saint Louis Square. There are several beautiful examples, most accented with bright coloring that really highlight the details. I've attempted this subject before in color but have gotten bogged down by those amazing details. For this sculpture I stayed pure white and simplified many of the details. To make things easier, I constructed this as three houses that I then attached together. Every element (door, window, wallside) I made three of each with a T-Square, ruler and so forth to streamline the construction. This came together surprisingly fast.
Please enjoy and if you have any questions, ask away!
:) Rob

View attachment 24361

Here's a close up that hopefully shows the embossed roof tile and brickwork:

View attachment 24362
That’s amazing! So much detail and depth! 🥰 love it

I especially love the high precision of your work. Thanks to the appropriate lighting fine details become obvious.
:)

Back