Roots 1

Scamall

Supporting Member
Walnut fountain pen, black technical pen on cream mat board 36 x 24
793BB023-9503-49FE-A5F2-026B70C01A23.jpeg

This might be a new favorite of mine from you - superb! ❤️
Thank you! I am really fond of this one and want to do a series of tree studies. Sometimes a work just resonates between mind and hand and takes on a life of its own. It almost informs you of what the work wants you to do. I feel like that about this one, not a daily feeling. Does that make sense?

Fantastic work, Scamall! I love these twisty long roots. You've mentioned your walnut fountain pen before and I am extremely fond of this color.
Sometimes a work just resonates between mind and hand and takes on a life of its own. It almost informs you of what the work wants you to do.
I'm thrilled that you had this beautiful connection with this piece, and that you're planning a series. ❤️

Yay!!

Wow! This piece is working really well, great line work, although some detail would be good, maybe a close up. The stump and roots are kind of floating in space and it definitely looks like a creature wether it was was intended to or not. I believe the art term Is whimsical and certainly not easy to do, great stuff.

Back