Resolution...

chaffee2

Hi everybody!
Trying to get my art in gear so I've challenged myself to draw at least 26 pieces of art in '23.
Using the alphabet to drive it, gives me two weeks to finish each piece and a letter to pick a subject for each one, also plan to stay with a botanical/plant/fruit/vegetable theme. Starting this thread and posting each image here will give me some added incentive to keep it cranking.
My apologies for being a mostly non-participant,...I'm here often and appreciate all of y'alls work!

So here is A for Aquilegia, calling it done I guess. 8X10ish. Ref image from Pixabay.
Used Inktense pencils, Polychromos, Prismacolors on some cold press WC paper.
I suspect I'll be changing drawing techniques throughout. Definitely will be using different papers...
Comments and critiques are more than welcome and thanks for looking!
Tim

Attachments

• AquilW.jpg
    AquilW.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 63
Very nice! I like the idea of using the alphabet to encourage you to draw. Can't wait to see more (and whatever are you going to do with Q & X?)

Very good idea to use the alphabet! You're off to a great start with this one. Beautiful job!

B is for "Bartlett & Bosc: What a pear!"
whatapear.jpg

Mechanical pencil and graphite, soft brush on mixed media paper, 12"X12"ish.

Tried a new (to me) technique with the background, scraped dust off of a graphite stick then brushed it around with a soft brush. Not exactly the intended effect I was after but it'll do.
Thanks for checking it out!

Enyaw, snoball and Jo,...thank you! I thought about adding a hint of color but then remembered I have at least another 24 to experiment with, so left it alone...:D

fantastic work, splendid mandarin, nice how you used black paper, some time ago I was looking for black sheets to try them on, then I bought them a couple of years ago but I didn't do much, it is difficult to use black paper but very fascinating, above all into results like this,now i'm trying digital again, sometimes i try black background.

Thanks Joe. Pastel pencils behave differently on the black paper than the colored pencils I've used, I like them both, they're just different...

Nice one! Thanks for sharing your resolution results :) I also liked the pear varieties for B.

Back