Remind you of another piece?

JennieJo

Experimentalist
Contributing Member
A WIP that a friend has suggested is very similar to another work. But they can't recall artist or actual image - could even be an Album or CD cover. Hoping someone can tell me if it is too like another work they know of. It's OP on A3 watercolour paper. Have been reading a lot of Greek myths and sci-fi recently.
IMG_20220807_173156_1-01.jpeg

Thanks guys. Appreciate your thoughts. The friend just made me wonder if I'd appropriated something. And, I am often told my works have a Chagall. I try to avoid his works, just in case I'm too close to his works.

I don't think having a little bit of a Chagall vibe is a bad thing at all! It's not so close to his work that it looks like it. It's just the closest artist I was able to come up with. I think you have a style all your own. No appropriation here. ♥️

There's something Chagall-like to it. It's a good one! ♥️
I don't think having a little bit of a Chagall vibe is a bad thing at all! It's not so close to his work that it looks like it. It's just the closest artist I was able to come up with. I think you have a style all your own. No appropriation here. ♥️
Many thanks Artyczar. I do worry about being original.

Many thanks Artyczar. I do worry about being original.
Try not to worry. Just follow your gut and you'll be fine. Even if you are influenced by someone else (which you can't help anyway) you're still are going to do it with YOUR hand. You can't help that either! ;)

Try not to worry. Just follow your gut and you'll be fine. Even if you are influenced by someone else (which you can't help anyway) you're still are going to do it with YOUR hand. You can't help that either! ;)
Thanks. My mind knows that ... something else is not quite sure 😀

Back