Price of Eggs These Days ..

Enyaw

namuh
AA Feb2923.jpg

AA Feb3023.jpg

AA Feb3123.jpg

AA Feb3223.jpg

all 11 x 14 inches .. oil on paper .. alla prima .. painted Feb 25/26/27/28 of 2023
Working more with color through my eyes rather than photo color or what some term realistic color ..

as for the price of eggs .. dang near 5 dollars canadian a dozen and a box marked large is a box of small .. scum bag sellers ..
we have a container that used to hold about 9 large and now it holds 18 ... go figure ..

Yes! These seem very new for you, and I have to say...I LOVE them! I really do. I want to say all kinds of profound things about each of them, but I'm no professional art critic. The 2nd and 3rd ones are my favorites, but I do love that last one as well. The first one is well done of course, but something about the colors and technique of the rest, my goodness, WOW! Don't paint over these!!! The last three would look great together as a tryptic. I would buy those if it were the right circumstances, (like if I had some extra money and they were for sale, and I had the wall space, etc...). These are special! ❤️ :love:

Thank you CaliAnn

Thank you Ayin

The first one is well done of course, but something about the colors and technique of the rest, my goodness, WOW!
the first one is more in line with realism (my bad attempt of course) but more in line with the photo.
The second and third I was getting more liberal and realizing I don't like photo real I like color.
The fourth I got caught in old habits and reverted half way between the two. I am back on track for
doing the still life but also adding that abstraction of color that allows the piece to sing.

Thank you both for your feedback as it helps me realize that what I am doing is apparant to the artist's eye and not just me.

Thank you John.

Love the butt nuggets! ❤️💝 Did you eat the models? I have two big beautiful brown eggs every morning for breakfast, laid the day before. :giggle:

thank you Erik

Thanks Sno .. yes I did. I love a two egg omlet using egg and Asia Stir Fry Veggies ..

I love the one with the green bg and blue table! Such soothing colors. Good Stuff, Wayne!

These are wonderful - I love watching the progression here.
I don't like photo real I like color.
I'm with you there - spot on! I love reading about your thoughts and decision making during each of these. ❤️

I'll be over later for the omelet!

Thank you Lamar. The palette was very limited as I was using up paintbfrom the previous day and most of it tainted by Prussian Blue.

Thanks Terry.
Dang, you missed the call by seconds. Breakfast is only served at specific times. Ah, remember when you went to Big Mac and it was 3 minutes after 11 so you couldn't get breakfast. Those were the days.

Back