Pretty Rectangular

Iain

2 eyes.
At least, I think it is a rectangle. 😁

Pretty Rectangular .jpg

Donna T

It could be a rectangle trying to fool us into thinking it's a cylinder with those color changes. I really like what you did with shapes and colors, Iain!

snoball

Certifiable
Supporting Member
Yep, a rectangle but that color shading gives it a curved edge on the left. Well done. ❤️

Iain

2 eyes.
Thanks both. Yes, it could be on the move with the light along the edge. I did not consider the 3d cylinder.

Hermes2020

I see it flat. It is beautifully vibrant: the power of complementaries! I am reminded of that series of square painting that Josef Albers did.

Iain

2 eyes.
Thank you, Hermes and Artyczar! I think consternation is what i felt when confronted by these abstract, solid (pure) colour images, and digital to boot! Some of the images appear to be merely frames, pictureless frames!

I heard a programme about the contemporary trend for collaboration in art (as opposed to the conception of the lone individual). I would balk at such a trend, but since producing digital images, I would be quite (very) happy to have some images reproduced by a third party in three dimensional form, if I had the resources.

Iain

2 eyes.
I see it flat. It is beautifully vibrant: the power of complementaries! I am reminded of that series of square painting that Josef Albers did.

I feel a real affinity with Anni Alber's textiles, which I began looking at last night.

Artyczar

Maybe sometime you will have these resources and you can produce these amazing visions you have the way you see them in your head. I would LOVE to see them come to fruition. ♥️

Iain

2 eyes.
Thanks, Ayin. I could use some of your energy, too. The work you have produced for the forthcoming exhibition is impressive!