playin' around

ntl

Contributing Member
~4 x 4" bond paper. Base layers of Crayola and Prang crayons. Due to white peeking through and lower chroma, I added oil pastels over the crayons. And still have a lot of white peeking through. But the colors are more vibrant :) Maybe I'll use colored paper next time. I suppose I could brush some oil over this to eliminate a lot of the spots, but won't. C&C welcome. Thanks for looking.

thumbnail_IMG_6931.jpg

Personally, I think that the white spots add a bit of sparkle to the picture!

If you really wish to cover the white spots, a color pusher may help. (or maybe even a hard eraser??)

--Rich

Rich, thanks. Maybe I'll try that to find out. And I have oil handy, so maybe that too. It is Monday morning... :)

This is a bright and colorful abstract, ntl - nicely done! If you have a fair amount of op in there, I agree with Rich that you might be able to cover some of the white using a color pusher/clay shapers type thing. But the white peeping through gives nice texture, too. :)

Arty, thanksI apprediate your comment.
Terri, thank you. I thought I had a goodly amount of op on it, but maybe not. It was slippin' and slidin'
but today has hardened. Maybe I'll get to do more on it this week. The white through the black is intended, through the other colors, the flecks of white are not.

CaliAnn, thanks. I did casually try both a clay shaper and adding oil. Neither was satisfactory.
Ha! a LEARNING CURVE! :)

The doodle is superb but the colors are fighting for the limelight.
Maybe for another you might lean on one set and let the others compliment it in a passive way.

Back