On The Road To Arroyo Seco NM

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Aspenman

The back road from Taos to Arroyo Seco can be a landscape wonderment. We would leave Santa Fe in the early am for the 2 hour÷ drive. Of course we would stop along the way to take in some of the scenery. In truth the drive could take 3-5 hours depending on the time spent siteseeing!! I would do a scene sketch quickly for a future studio piece. There are several abandoned - almost abandoned towns along the way to explore as well!
Arroyo Seco is a great place to spend an entire day- a couple of nice restaurants and a fantastic ice cream shop!!! Also a couple of wonderful art galleries.
A very small town-if you did nothing, it would only take 5-10 minutes to walk Main 🚶‍♂️ street.
IMG-0964.jpg

Yes, you’ve really captured that gorgeous NM light! Very nice.

Now, I hope you don’t mind that I’ve glommed onto your thread, but here’s a (kind of bad) picture I took of Arroyo Seco. Yes, this is pretty much the whole “downtown.“ The Taos Cow (the ice cream place) is on the left, by the phone pole.
CD8E0269-0B69-43C6-BAC7-EDC6D01B5238.jpeg

And you’re so right about that drive…one of the best there is. Through Arroyo Hondo, too. Up near Valdez. This is one of my favorite pictures with those mountains Richard and I love, among the sage and aspens. I wouldn’t have minded living in that little adobe off to the right….oh, sigh and sigh.
F0676181-4AA6-4E22-8EA5-C48A2A5E3443.jpeg

Sorry, I know this is “not nice” to barge in and not do the usual type of praise worthy commenting but oh well. I’m a rude and crude kind of gal and I just HAD TO say…

Carry on soldiers.

Yes, you’ve really captured that gorgeous NM light! Very nice.

Now, I hope you don’t mind that I’ve glommed onto your thread, but here’s a (kind of bad) picture I took of Arroyo Seco. Yes, this is pretty much the whole “downtown.“ The Taos Cow (the ice cream place) is on the left, by the phone pole.
View attachment 23200
And you’re so right about that drive…one of the best there is. Through Arroyo Hondo, too. Up near Valdez. This is one of my favorite pictures with those mountains Richard and I love, among the sage and aspens. I wouldn’t have minded living in that little adobe off to the right….oh, sigh and sigh.
View attachment 23202
Sorry, I know this is “not nice” to barge in and not do the usual type of praise worthy commenting but oh well. I’m a rude and crude kind of gal and I just HAD TO say…

Carry on soldiers.

Thanks 😊 for your comment & I would agree with your description of yourself as it is rather rude to hi-jack the post of another person
Next time seek permission as that is the polite thing and grownup way to do things.

I loved seeing Olive's imagery and thought it added to the discussion.
Well Artyczar I think you know as well as anyone that hijacking another person's post is shear ignorance and as you can see, she won't be able to do this again!!
I've been to Arroyo Seco at least 50 times in the five years we lived in NM, and I have 100's of photos and if I wanted them in MY POST, I would have included them!!! I think you in fact have given her permission to continue being rude, crude and ignorant!! It shocks me! As far as I am concerned END of story!

Got it Aspenman, you have made yourself extremely clear. Some people don't feel as strongly about it as you (in their threads), but I'm sure you will be respected for your view. I will make sure it won't happen for you again. :)

I love your painting. It takes me home and makes me homesick (as I've mentioned before) in a good way. :) I like the colors and light.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back