On a Sunny Afternoon

Balaji

This is yet another watercolour sketch that I did a few days ago using the dried up paint in the mixing area of my palette. The sketch is approximately 5" x 8" on 300 gsm cold pressed watercolour paper. I used a painting by Edwin Lord Weeks (1849 - 1903) as reference.

On a Sunny Afternoon.jpg

You've been very productive lately - I'm glad, because we get to see all your wonderful art. This is lovely!

A sweet little piece - I like how you're finding such creative ways to use up your leftover paints. ❤️

You've been very productive lately - I'm glad, because we get to see all your wonderful art. This is lovely!
It has always been this way with me. There are long stretches of time when work is very heavy and I am forced to stay away from my hobbies. And when work eases up I try and make up for lost time.

Well done palms. The scene is one of a cool place in a hot climate. Very nicely done.

Love the immediacy of this, the looseness, and how the feeling of this turned out. Great job! ❤️

ntl, Jo, & Ayin...Thank you.
Although I am happy with the way the foliage has turned out in this one, I realise that I need to practise trees a lot more.

Back