Old Mill

Queen Bee

Pencil 5.5 x 8.5 mixed media paper
Not my usual subject matter. Took forever to finish. I would pick it it up and do a little on it here and there. Did not enjoy all the details and straight lines.

Old Mill pencil 5.5x8.5 mixed media paper.jpg

Very nice. ❤️ That's what I like about pencil work, you can pick it up and lay it down without paint drying on the palette. :giggle:

Nice job, Deborah. I agree with Sno about pencil work having that supreme advantage of no drying times - it was there waiting for you to be in the mood to get into that detail work. :) I hope you're happy with the outcome!

Nice job, Deborah. I agree with Sno about pencil work having that supreme advantage of no drying times - it was there waiting for you to be in the mood to get into that detail work. :) I hope you're happy with the outcome!
Thanks! I am pleased with it.

I've never seen an old mill, or even pictures of one. The shapes, the shadows, the lighter areas seem appropriate, especially the shadows of the wheel between the spokes and along the wall, and the shadow of the fence on the wall. Well worth the effort. It's a keeper!

Back