Old Harbour Hotel

Balaji

For my wife's 60th birthday I took her on a surprise holiday trip. The trip itself was not a surprise. After all I had to tell her that we would be travelling and approximately for how long. The surprise was the destination, which I did not divulge. And to make it more of a surprise, there were several destinations. This is the hotel at Fort Kochi, in Kerala State, India which was the last of of those destinations.

Old Harbour Hotel.jpg

I sketched this with pen and ink in an A4 size sketch book, on what I think is cartridge paper, referring to a photograph that I took. Incidentally I sketched extensively on this trip, and most of these sketches were done on location with a mix of very quick sketches and detailed sketches such as this one. And I sketched so regularly on this trip that even I could see a visible improvement in the quality of my sketches between the first few and the last few on this trip.

So wonderful! The sketch is full of terrific details and I just love looking all through it. You captured a beautiful street view.

You created a wonderful sketch from what looks like a wonderful trip. Applause!!! ❤️

Wow, great. Impressive, and with pen and ink. So you can't erase.

I can't sketch for beans.

As always, wonderful work and how fortunate your wife is to have a thoughtful husband !

I love ink drawings for architectural subjects. They give an accuracy needed for this kind of subjects. Well defined lines and shadows are a must for buildings. Colors add perhaps a few more, just if only the drawing is well done.
:)

Wonderful ink work! Now you are a smart husband who not only thought of surprising your wife for her bd, but you got to do your art! Brilliant.

Amazing art and trip. This sketch is gorgeous and so detailed. Love your hatching and lines. Applause and encore! Hope to see more of the sketches. Lovely gifts for your wife with the special trip.

Back