Old Barn

ams

This reference image was one from this month's water media challenge.

I started with a freehand sketch, then added ink. This is about 5"x7" in XL Mix Media sketchbook.

20230408Sk7 Old Barn(CS-WMC).png

Then I added watercolor.
20230408Sk7 Old Barn(CS-WMC)-color.png

Great job, Anne! The sketch is wonderful on its own, and you added just the right colors here. It has such a quiet feel to it. Beautiful!

Reactions: ams
Lovely work on the timber and I really like the tree on the right. And yes, just the right amount of colour 🙂

Beautiful Anne, you just went from strength to strength on this one. Love it! ❤️❤️

Thanks for the comments everyone. I love drawing weathered wood. There is so much wonderful texture, cracks and crevices.

Anne, this is lovely. While the ink sketch is very good in itself, the colour version is gorgeous!

Very nice, the leaning fence in the different gray really caught my eye for some reason (in a good way) even though it’s not the center of attention.

Very nice, the leaning fence in the different gray really caught my eye for some reason (in a good way) even though it’s not the center of attention.
Thanks Scamall. That part of the scene caught my eye too. I felt the sagging wall added to the character of the barn.

Back