OK, Geezer

laika

Loitering Member
Are geezers overrepresented at Creative Spark? A conversation with that lovable bob (whither bob, btw?) set me thinking about this.

Last edited:
What’s Bob got to do with it?
Not Bob, but bob. The recent bob who swung through recently and apparently disappeared.

I am also a geezer. In the course of a pm with bob, I just came to wonder if we were predominantly adults of a certain age, and gentle folk who weren't prepared for bob's style of art, which he declined to show.

There is nothing at all dark in my wonderings.

Do you mean the bob who was banned? I have no idea how old he was.

I feel like you may be right in that a lot of us are older (50+), and the minority are under 45. Maybe you can take a survey if you are especially curious. But I if that was any reason for bob not showing his art, that would have been pretty stupid and his issue. Not ours.

I have felt more like a person after 50 than I ever was before that age.

When I was young they served gas and when you got your couple of dollars and paid the kid, the kid serving would tell you: thanks man, see you later. Then one day the kid said: Thank you Sir. I knew I was past the point of return. I had crossed over and didn't know it.

I feel like you may be right in that a lot of us are older (50+), and the minority are under 45. Maybe you can take a survey if you are especially curious.
It's not an interest worthy of a survey, as far as I'm concerned. But thanks? :unsure:

I was not aware that bob had been banned. O bob, we hardly knew ye. I don't want to violate the sacred nature of a private message, but I was left wondering if bob found us too dainty in our critiques and whatnot. Too restrained and too encouraging of one another.

Not a geezer here. LOL, but I AM over 60. ;) I figure by this age I should have learned how to be nice, or at least read a room. But some don't learn and that lack does not mean a certain someone was on the younger side. And not really sure that someone cared how he was taken.

I have a feeling the forum format like CS is rather old fashioned.
I strongly prefer it over social mediums like Instagram, Facebook, Tiktok etc. Mainly because of the fugitive nature of the posts on such sites.

I am kind of forced to be on facebook (everything here in Iceland goes over FB) and it is a nightmare to search for stuff. Also the seemingly random way it shows you things, even in the groups, is very annoying. I don´t like algorithms pushing my attention around

On a forum like this you have a much better control over what you see, and post. Stuff is easy to find because of the subforum structure, and it stays where it is!

Full disclosure, yeah, I´ll be fifty three this year....

I have a feeling the forum format like CS is rather old fashioned.
I strongly prefer it over social mediums like Instagram, Facebook, Tiktok etc. Mainly because of the fugitive nature of the posts on such sites.

I am kind of forced to be on facebook (everything here in Iceland goes over FB) and it is a nightmare to search for stuff. Also the seemingly random way it shows you things, even in the groups, is very annoying. I don´t like algorithms pushing my attention around

On a forum like this you have a much better control over what you see, and post. Stuff is easy to find because of the subforum structure, and it stays where it is!

Full disclosure, yeah, I´ll be fifty three this year....
Everything you said about forum format over the other social mediums is spot on. I much prefer the forum format for art and other creative endeavors for all the reasons you point out.

"
I’m a geezer in age and a whippersnapper at heart.😁

I swear that I am stuck in my teens. I love the word whippersnapper, with one's tongue nestled firmly in the cheek - with the gobstopper. Geezer could never be used, even back-in-the-day, without a healthy dose of irony. There's something quite cute about snoball calling herself a geezer. Like wearing an outsized suit.

Back