Not Plein Air

Artyczar

It's not really Plein air if I'm working from pictures. I took pictures, then made the sketch. But here's an offering anyway.

JT Scene Drawing6x8.jpg

It's not but it's as good as: the characters have an audience and the show has life. I do like how you placed the tiny third to make a triad.

Great sketch! As always, your compositional skills are on full display here. 👍

Will this be a painting when/if it grows up?

Great drawing and if you hadn't told us we would have never known it wasn't plein aire. :giggle:❤️❤️

Thank you all! Very much!

Terry: probably not going to be a painting, but it's going into a drawing installation for my show--a wall plastered with drawings, some preliminary, some just sketches from photos like this one. I'm going to lay off the landscapes for a while I think once this show is over and done with.

There is so much to admire in this, Ayin! Your composition works so well and the variety of marks that you used for the land and the foliage gives it a liveliness that that goes beyond mere description. It reminds me of a Van Gogh drawing in that respect.

Thank you so much Donna and Bart. I'll take a comparison to Vincent any day. I really don't mind it. Donna, your compliments especially make my heart feel heavy with joy! Thank you so much! ♥️

Back