Monthly Art Prompts - June 2023

Mississippi Hippie

Create some art that is inspired by any of this month's prompts. Let your imagination soar. Turn on your creative juices.

All media and styles are welcome (drawing, painting, digital, photography, sculpture, multi-media, representational, abstract, etc.). It can be something done quickly, a finished work of art or anything in between. It can be created from your imagination, from life or a photo reference. If you use a photo reference, please make sure it has no applicable copyright restrictions.

Here are the prompts for June. Have fun interpreting them.

Green
Still Life
Thought Bubbles/Speech Bubbles

Post your finished (or unfinished) art in this thread. Post any time during the month, as many times as you would like.
Tell us a little about the work if you so desire. For example, you could include the medium you used, where you got your inspiration or how long it took. When you post, it's always nice to "like" or comment on posts made earlier in the thread by other artists. We all like acknowledgement of our work!

For help in finding reference images online, click on the link: Tutorial: How to Find Copyright-Free Reference Images.
If you have copyright-free images that go along with the prompts that you would like to share, you can post them in this thread for others to use.

If you would like to provide prompts for a month, sign up here.

Thanks!
Here's one for still life.
5.5"x8.5" Conte crayon on paper.
Still life 6-3-23.jpg

Zen: I laughed so hard - and I really, really needed a good laugh - I friggin LOVE the bubbles - so funny! ❤️

Nice still life 16ga.

Zen, I like your philosophical cat.

Alabama, cute bubble drawings.

Zen, good choice for green. Lots of interesting things to look at here.

Here are my entries for this month. All are done with ink and watercolor in XL Mix Media sketchbook. They are each about 5"x7"

Green:

20230614Sk8 Mushrooms (WDE).png

Still life:
20230531Sk8 Jugs (WDE).png

Thought Bubbles: (I didn't put in the bubble but the caption is "Where are the girls?")
20230609Sk8 Rooster (WDE).png

Thanks for hosting this month Alabama.

Back