Little Pond In The Backwoods

Enyaw

namuh
AA Mar2323.jpg

Wayne Gaudon Alla Prima Canadian Artist Oil Painting On Paper .. 11 x 14 inches .. painted Mar 23/23

Lovely! The colors are spot on - I'm getting a late winter/early spring vibe from this one. Everything is hushed and waiting. ❤️

Thank you Sno.
Yes, most of it is gone. I'm working on photos I took a week or more ago. Spring is here. The little pond I fish is free of winter ice today so now I can go fishing again.

Thank you Terri and Bart.
I shoud have posted a little image so you could see what it would look like across the room.

View attachment 29468
Not a bad idea. I have been toying with the idea of NOT posting a detailed closeup photo of my paintings, and instead showing them at a viewing distance. Closer to the real experience, as opposed to the usual pix right at your eye on a screen, which does not mimic intended viewing. Just my thought. Your work is really good, Wayne.

Thank you Bart. Yes, it's a treat looking at thumbnails and then looking at the larger piece. It amazes me how so little can look like so much. I could use a lot less detail but I have decided to let myself paint without any restrictions on how it should be. Just paint it like I feel the painting is directing me.
Mostly about value these days. I do a block in of 4 to 5 values and then I add the color over the blockin. I like to use a blockin color related to one of the colors used in the painting so everything meshes together. If I get my values I don't have to be precise in color as long as I am close it will work. I may have to adjust within a value as my values are simply large vague shapes. I know you didn't ask for all that info but it could help someone who reads the thread and is looking for a few hints at how things get recognized. Of course laying oil over oil is simply a matter of thick over thin.

Back