Harbour view

MurrayG

Contributing Member
Hi folks. Back on the coast away from snow. It was a nice quiet day so went down to the harbour while nobody was about. on Mi Tintes Brown. 20x30 cm using mostly Rembrandts and some Sennelier. Sun kept disappearing making it hard to lock in colours. Nice to get out again
IMG_1065.jpg

This is lovely! I like your choice of the brown paper, it's peeping through in all the right places. ❤️ Pretty scene!

Sounds like a perfect day to spend painting beautiful view. Excellent painting, nice distance towards the hills/mountains, colors and boats feel spring!
edit/add: MurrayG, you are a pleinair passionate, you go from deep snow to blue sea to paint.

Last edited:
This scene is very appealing! I love the colours in the water, the texture of the beach and the hints of cloud. I also like the use of brown paper. 🙂

Hi moscatel and Triduana. It was great to paint without too many people about. I started in sun and thunderclouds rolled in later. The colour of the sea kept changing nonstop with sun and wind. Thanks for the comments and encouragement.

A serein seascape! (y)
It would be interesting to go again with that subject in a windy day, with covered sky and agitated sea.
:)

A serein seascape! (y)
It would be interesting to go again with that subject in a windy day, with covered sky and agitated sea.
:)
Hi classic, that chance will come soon when the Bura or Jugo blows. There are usually no waves but the sea boils with spray in sheets 10s of meters high. Thanks for the comments.

Back