Gouache Collaborations

Artyczar

This is the first completed collaboration with artist Niki Ford. This is one they started and I finished. One of us have been starting 1/8-1/4 of the paper and the other finishes it. Since I'm slow, this is the only one that's been completed thus far. This is 22 x 30 inches on a darker Rives BKF paper.

Gouache Final 72.jpg

What an interesting concept! I really like the shapes and the colors in this. There is so much to "see" and explore. Love gouache, one of my favorite mediums.

I can't imagine doing something like this, Ayin - two artists, two unique ways of painting, one cohesive finished piece. It's really gorgeous! I'm guessing that the flowers are your additions; they look familiar. Was there any kind of theme in the beginning or agreed upon palette or was it only "react to what I've done"? I hope the rest will go as well as this one!

I agree, this turned out great! In fact, Donna said everything I was thinking as I looked at the finished piece. 😂

I hope the process gets easier, or flows smoother for you, as you move ahead. If this one is any indication, some beautiful things lie ahead! ❤️

Thank you CaliAnn, Donna, sno, and Terri!

The way we have come to work it out is that one of us start on 1/8 to about 1/2 the paper, or somewhere about a quarter of the paper and then hand it off to the other to finish. In this one, they started it and I ran with it, at first with their basic palette, but came to add a number of other colors after we checked in together when I was about half-way through with it.

I have some not-so-great images of the transformation. This was how it was handed off to me:

20220718_124245.jpg

I took it here at first:

gouache2300.jpg

Then to this:

gouache3300.jpg

Then finally:

Gouache Final 72.jpg

Then I started this one for them that they just finished:

Ayin-start-gouache1300.jpg

I'll post a pic of how they finished it soon.

And yes, we do have a theme that we have been discussing, but it's a loose theme since we are not approaching it too literally as we are working in abstract. It has to do with the landscape as a form of a temple, or a protective house, but there's a lot more to it than that. That's the gist though. We have a lot in common, so we are also addressing/celebrating our commonalities.

Fantastic!! I'm so happy you posted these wip pics for us, Ayin. I love seeing how this came together.

Interesting concept .. very musical .. jazz ... who will carry it and where will it get handed back?
Whoever finishes it keeps it until we get to show them somewhere, which could possibly be at my gallery. Not sure yet until we get a whole bunch of successful pieces together and see where we can show them.

Here is the second piece finished:

secondgouachefinal72.jpg

By the way, I got my second booster on Saturday and for whatever reason, I'm still feeling under the weather today (Tuesday!). I had absolutely no reaction with the first booster, so it's pretty strange. :(

Nice!! You're working color schemes and, well, pretty much everything else just beautifully together! These are terrific. ❤️

Sorry about the booster reaction. :( I never felt under the weather, per se, just had a complete and total lack of energy for a full couple of days. The exhaustion felt like I should be ill, even though I wasn't. Had no reactions at all with the first booster.

Hopefully it will shake off soon!

Thanks for all the progress pics! It's fascinating to see how these paintings change from one artist to the other. I like this latest one too. Do you prefer to start them or finish them? I hope you're feeling better!

Very cool concept. It must be a nice surprise to see the finish.

Curious to see how long your energy sap lasts.

Thank you CaliAnn, Donna, sno, and Terri!

The way we have come to work it out is that one of us start on 1/8 to about 1/2 the paper, or somewhere about a quarter of the paper and then hand it off to the other to finish. In this one, they started it and I ran with it, at first with their basic palette, but came to add a number of other colors after we checked in together when I was about half-way through with it.

I have some not-so-great images of the transformation. This was how it was handed off to me:

View attachment 23644

I took it here at first:

View attachment 23645

Then to this:

View attachment 23646

Then finally:

View attachment 23647

Then I started this one for them that they just finished:

View attachment 23648

I'll post a pic of how they finished it soon.

And yes, we do have a theme that we have been discussing, but it's a loose theme since we are not approaching it too literally as we are working in abstract. It has to do with the landscape as a form of a temple, or a protective house, but there's a lot more to it than that. That's the gist though. We have a lot in common, so we are also addressing/celebrating our commonalities.
I love the works and I love the concept. The impact that geography and climate have on our cultures and our psyches is profound. And I wonder what effect that current climate eruptions will have on us as humans. Excellent!

Thank you Terri, Donna, Wayne, and Scamall. I appreciate all the feedback.

Turns out my lymphnodes under the arm I got the shot in became swollen. It's not a typical reaction from the booster, but it is a side effect apparently. It's truly odd, and it's been painful with all the other body aches. It could be because I'm immune deficient and because I take immune suppressants as well.

Donna, I have no preference on starting or finishing these so far. I think it's fun either way. It's interesting to find out what is coming my way and what happens to the ones I start. :) But the first few we made didn't turn out so great! We were working with pens and that wasn't a good medium for us. Once we got to gouache, it seemed to take off.

They are both very beautiful, strong initiative and result. I'm sorry for the reaction, I hope it's over now

Thank you very much Joe.

I do feel better now. The swelling finally went down, but it took forever, it seemed.

Here is the third one.

thirdgouachefinal272.jpg

We've had a lot of fun naming these. We came up with an interesting process to each come up with words, then we powwow about it and agree to arrange them into some semblance of order. We haven't named this one yet, but the first two are titled now.

The first one is: Wake up on Candy Mesa
The second is long! Outer Space Face Mountain (Where the Diamonds and the Rainbows Touch the Clouds)

:ROFLMAO:

Back