Figure painting

wirfi

It has been a while since I was here and posted. I have had a period when I have not finished many pieces, and other parts of life have taken over.

But here is a figure painting I finished this weekend. Oil on canvas.

19022023-IMG_4268-fb.jpg

Love it, she's very sensual, great eye contact! Certainly beats those unhappy nudes sitting on a chair with a cloth over their lap, staring off to somewhere else they'd rather be.

Beautiful work! The eyes are riveting. This must have added to the challenge, and you did a fantastic job.

Thank you. I've fought with this for quite a while, it had other colours in the beginning. A darker background. The eyes is on of the last details I finished saturday evening, but I guess the last little detail can make such a difference sometimes :)

Very nice. From the dazzling background to the fingertips. The subtleties of form are marvelous. Well done.

Wonderful values, composition and use of color in shadow areas. Very creative.

Thank you. I have had a rought time doing any art lately, so your kind feedback is a welcome boost :)

Beautiful and unique. Applause. Good you are back to art. It is so hard and it seems the longer you wait the harder it is, like you have to learn all over again. You inspire!!

Back