Don Craig AKA ZenDruid

ZenDruid

ZenDruid, thank you, your site is beautiful, I'm seeing it now, fantastic photos, many years ago I would have liked to try to learn a little to photograph but I have never learned, But it's art that I appreciate, If you don't mind then I would then try to draw your photos of animals sometimes I practice this and put the drawings in the forum post writing that they are your references.
Hi Joe, certainly you may use any of my photos as reference for your art. I'll be very interested to see what you do. (y)

snoball

Certifiable
Supporting Member
I've been so busy these last few weeks that I almost missed this. I only saw it this morning. I'm very pleased to meet you Don. You are such a varied and interesting person. This was a fascinating read. :love:

ZenDruid

I've been so busy these last few weeks that I almost missed this. I only saw it this morning. I'm very pleased to meet you Don. You are such a varied and interesting person. This was a fascinating read. :love:
Thank you Snoball, it's a pleasure to meet you too. :) The skill of your art is kind of mind-blowing for me, love the two horses. (y)

Alabama Jama

not your average nibblit
mythic, primeval, tribal, atavistic
^^^
i dont know the meaning of atavistic.. but the other words are perfect for your work!! its amazing.. your paintings perspective would never have made me thought it was influenced by photo.. or that any photo was used.. you are a great artist!

ZenDruid

mythic, primeval, tribal, atavistic
^^^
i dont know the meaning of atavistic.. but the other words are perfect for your work!! its amazing.. your paintings perspective would never have made me thought it was influenced by photo.. or that any photo was used.. you are a great artist!
Thank you, Wholey Dirtey! ❤️ I mean atavistic in the sense of ancient or ancestral. It's a word I could have done without but I was on a roll that day. :)

laika

Loitering Member
You make for a fascinating interview, ZD! Your early years were particularly amazing to me, what with all the exposure to very different places and cultures. Your folks must have been great at parenting to raise what sounds like a well-adjusted, culturally-aware, and ultimately independent young Don! I loved the part about your Dad nurturing your early interest in photography.

I enjoy the art that you share here and just love - as do so many others - your Zorro and the Ghostman series👏 You've got a smash hit on your hands with that one! Thanks for such a generous sharing of your story, and keep on keeping on in that unique and quirky ZenDruid way!

ZenDruid

You make for a fascinating interview, ZD! Your early years were particularly amazing to me, what with all the exposure to very different places and cultures...

Laika, thank you so much. Ayin encouraged me to go long on my story if I wanted to, so I thought I would recount all that happened in my childhood. I'm still amazed about it, it's so strange looking back, but those are all common experiences in American military families, lots of moving around from place to place. I now live in a traditional rural farming area in northern New York where some people may never get more than 100 miles from where they were born. I'm probably staying here as a reaction to my early moving around, needing the stability. I'm enjoying this forum because we have members from all over the world with different backgrounds and we all get along. That's a rare positive benefit of the internet, we're lucky. Thanks again for your comments.