Dog in Pastel

Schuee

I wanted this dog to seem to be appearing out of the darkness. Pastel on pastel,paper.

D74A4298-8B16-4B1B-9055-7C85AAA54026.jpeg

It's just beautiful! I would include just a hint of what is disappearing into the darkness. Just a suggestion. ❤️;)

This is lovely. I love his expression !
Cheers,
Patricia

Thank you very much, Patricia. It’s very like one of my beloved dogs, not with us any longer.

That is brilliant Penny! Really skillful judgement on how far to go and what kind of marks to make. The light/dark contrast is fab. Really good work.

Penny, you certainly have achieved your goal! It must be hard to judge when to "stop", so kudos. Often I put something aside and look at with fresh eyes the next day.

Thanks very much, Jenna. I’m really pleased you like it. It has a scratchboard feel to it, I think.

Jenna, have you thought of starting a scratchboard forum and showing some of your wonderful work?

Last edited:
Thanks very much, Jenna. I’m really pleased you like it. It has a scratchboard feel to it, I think.

Jenna, have you thought of starting a scratchboard forum and showing some of your wonderful work?
You're right - it does have a similar feel! That's an interesting idea about a Scratchboard forum. It would be great fun...however, if I wonder if it may not get a lot of activity. The Scratchboard forum at WetCanvas had grown very quiet; the participation had become almost non-existent in the last several years. For now, I think Scratchboard finds a nice home in the Drawing and/or subject forum of choice. :)

You're right - it does have a similar feel! That's an interesting idea about a Scratchboard forum. It would be great fun...however, if I wonder if it may not get a lot of activity. The Scratchboard forum at WetCanvas had grown very quiet; the participation had become almost non-existent in the last several years. For now, I think Scratchboard finds a nice home in the Drawing and/or subject forum of choice. :)
I think that is where I put my scratchboards. Don't have time to hunt them up right now.

Back