Does my work fit in here

C-her

Metamorphosis is happening.
I’m new hear and looking for people that design with yarns. My medium is felting.
This is one of my mostly completed items. I used wool and added beads, covered car-bone rings and bracelets. Working over the base to add depth with wool and non-felting yarns and threads. I crochet the base then felt that via an old Maytag washing machine. Please direct me to the appropriate section if this is not where I belong. Thank you.

Attachments

• 80D1F0DF-5D14-4CC1-B4CE-721DC3B6E4CB.jpeg
    80D1F0DF-5D14-4CC1-B4CE-721DC3B6E4CB.jpeg
    260.6 KB · Views: 96
Very attractive. Works as a beautiful abstract and I fail to see why you be wondering if it belongs in fibre art section. Good work.

That's really cool; a creative, intriguing piece! Before my wrists gave out I was a knitter and always wanted to try felting - at least the way in which it's done on purpose! I hope to see more of what you do.

Hi C-her! I was just admiring your piece in your other thread. :)

Thank you for sharing the extra details of this - it's so intricate. As others have said, this is the perfect place to show it off.

That's really cool; a creative, intriguing piece! Before my wrists gave out I was a knitter and always wanted to try felting - at least the way in which it's done on purpose! I hope to see more of what you do.
I can’t knit for the life of me. Once a crochet hook was put in m hand I was off. Started at 17, now 67 and have never stopped. Crochet felting came to me about 12 years ago and I said I “found” my medium for my art.

Very attractive. Works as a beautiful abstract and I fail to see why you be wondering if it belongs in fibre art section. Good work.
My sister said she saw an elephant skull with a frog. She had neck surgery last week so the drugs might be talking to her.🤣

I can’t knit for the life of me. Once a crochet hook was put in m hand I was off.

My betrothed is very good with what I call her "freestyle crotchet" style. Never seen her knit, though :)

My betrothed is very good with what I call her "freestyle crotchet" style. Never seen her knit, though :)
I use “freestyling” instead of freeform because I “felt” them and for the most part it is one piece instead of different pieces pieces together. I would be interested in seeing her work.

I love this piece. It has so many great elements, and a beautiful composition too! Wonderful colors (my favorites). ♥️

And yes, it belongs here in this section. ;)

Back