Dellwood Pavilion

OleKobe

dellwood (2).jpg

Dellwood Pavilion in Lockport, Illinois. I posted this one on IDAP several years ago. An excellent artist on there told me it needed more light and shade. This past weekend I finally got around to taking his advice. Acrylics on 16x20 canvas.

Well this certainly has beautiful sunlight now! I like how the grass has that yellow-green color that only appears with intense sunlight. Nice warm light in the sky too. It's funny how it gets easier to mess with paintings the longer they sit around, as if there is a "what have I got to lose" mentality that finally takes over.

Well this certainly has beautiful sunlight now! I like how the grass has that yellow-green color that only appears with intense sunlight. Nice warm light in the sky too. It's funny how it gets easier to mess with paintings the longer they sit around, as if there is a "what have I got to lose" mentality that finally takes over.
Thank you for the kind words, Donna. You're so right about messing with old paintings. It's been easier to update old paintings lately than actually start a new one.

Wow! You are great with light Kobe! This is excellent work! What a success you have here. Very well done. :)

What is IDAP please?

Wow! You are great with light Kobe! This is excellent work! What a success you have here. Very well done. :)

What is IDAP please?
Thank you, Ayin! For this project, drawing the pavilion was far more difficult than painting it. I nearly gave up several times.

IDAP is short for idrawandpaint - an old online art community from about 6-8 years ago.

This is terrific! I can't stop looking at your roofline and how perfect it is. :) The whole scene is sunny and friendly, very welcoming. A pleasure to look at.

IDAP is short for idrawandpaint - an old online art community from about 6-8 years ago.
Thank you for explaining this! We really encourage everyone here at Creative Spark to avoid initials and acronyms because so many of us have no idea what they mean. (I'm the worst!) 🤣

Thanks again, and great job!

This is terrific! I can't stop looking at your roofline and how perfect it is. :) The whole scene is sunny and friendly, very welcoming. A pleasure to look at.

Thank you for explaining this! We really encourage everyone here at Creative Spark to avoid initials and acronyms because so many of us have no idea what they mean. (I'm the worst!) 🤣

Thanks again, and great job!
Thank you for the lovely comments, Terri. My wife was talking about work the other day and she mentioned "EOBs" and I was like "huh?" so I promise to stop using acronyms! :D

Very nice. I can see how complex the perspective on the pavilion is. You did a great job and probably learned a lot along the way.

All those complicated angles ... you've done a great job. Love the light on the foliage too.

Back