Craft Shows

rcleary171

Over the years my two main channels for selling my art have been eBay and a local deli that reserved some of their wall space to display my work. Last year I tried the craft fair route with surprising success. Maybe I was just lucky but I did some brisk business and met some interesting people. I plan on participating in at least three fairs this year.

I would like to hear from anyone who has a craft fair setup and would like to share their experience.

My first table with my helpful niece. I did the soft selling and she did the hard selling.
4D1DCA6F-4024-4E78-AA9F-60BE5DC49607.jpeg

Second craft show. I elected to skip wall displays and depend on picture racks and micro easels for the table. With only a small percentage of pictures framed I was able to transport and display over 90 works.

F3C950D7-8F49-4EF3-98C2-7C99DAA547AF.jpeg

It's good to know that you had success at a craft show. Maybe now that people are out and about again there will be more opportunities to sell your work. Your assistant is a cutie!

I know people that have had a lot of success with these kinds of fairs. It's great to know that you are too. There are a lot of different opportunities to do them in many different cities across the nation. What cities are you doing these in?

Art/craft shows are fun! I've done several in the past. (I'm posting from my phone and don't have my booth pics. I'll have to rummage around for them.)

I had some regular B&W photography, and lots of alternative photographic techniques for sale. It was always enjoyable to talk about the processes with folks who were interested. :)

I tried one once but only sold one piece and not a lot of viewers. It was a Christmas craft show so ornaments were the thing.

What cities are you doing these in?
I live in a small New Jersey town called Fanwood which is where I participated in my first and last craft fair. Not bad living only half a mile away from the event. But I will soon be branching out to other events and towns. Maybe (dare I say it) even in Pennsylvania?

Art/craft shows are fun! I've done several in the past. (I'm posting from my phone and don't have my booth pics. I'll have to rummage around for them.)

I had some regular B&W photography, and lots of alternative photographic techniques for sale. It was always enjoyable to talk about the processes with folks who were interested. :)
It will be nice to see your booth and setup. Meeting people was fun; most of them accomplished artists.

Well, all I could locate on another computer were these very small files - sorry! Some of my booth photos were taken with film and the negatives were scanned at low resolution for some reason. These were taken with a very old Duaflex camera on B&W film. (I often shoot with a lot of classic old cameras.)

If you squint hard enough you can see my booth setup!

Duaflex1.jpg

Duaflex6.jpg

Duaflex5.jpg

Duaflex4.jpg

Duaflex3.jpg

I'm guessing these were taken Inman Park Arts Festival in Atlanta, based on that last shot. I always use old wooden wine crates for my matted & bagged prints. Hung several framed items. Kept a side area with info on alternative photographic techniques to explain some of the stuff I do, along with a display of some of the older cameras.

I always chatted up with the other artists as well as the festival-goers. Some of my sales were to other artists, or we'd be swapping items by Sunday afternoon load out. Fun times! ❤️

Thank you! Well, as much as I did and do enjoy chatting with folks who are interested, I am shy and felt more comfortable sitting outside, behind the booth. That way people could wander in and out without making small talk. I kept that back flap open so my presence was known, if needed.

I did like having the booth feel like a casual place to step into, out of the sun (this was Atlanta) ;) and be informative, so people could hang out. That often led to very enjoyable interactions.

Back